The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Aeronautical Engineering 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sztirmzi
Hey! Is your oversees question is something related to vacuum? :biggrin::smile:

I have an Imperial Aero interview on 25th November guys! Is there anyone else here with the same interview date!!

Hmm a little
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
If I only get a predicted 6 in HL math (my teacher seems like he doesn't want to give a 7 unless you get all 7s in all tests) with 40 points along with a 6 in Physics, will that be enough to get an offer, assume my personal statement is good?
Original post by Student403
Hmm a little

Well! Good luck with designing the new mode of transport then!
Well! Good luck with designing the new mode of transport then!

Thx :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by batmansmaster
If I only get a predicted 6 in HL math (my teacher seems like he doesn't want to give a 7 unless you get all 7s in all tests) with 40 points along with a 6 in Physics, will that be enough to get an offer, assume my personal statement is good?

Hello fellow IB student!
Imperial's minimum requirement is 7 in Math HL as far as I remember. So I think it may be to your disadvantage to some extent.
I think if you haven't submitted your application yet, you should maybe talk to the counselor/math teacher and tell them the situation you're in? (maybe you did this already). I think if you're on a higher end of 6 and explain to them that you're giving a shot at Imperial and tell them you will work hard, etc. they might give you a 7.
If you have submitted your application in already, I'm not entirely sure, maybe others have better suggestions than mine, but maybe email them explaining your situation?
I'm afraid, I don't have a definite answer. Sorry about that. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Original post by ufamily
Hello fellow IB student!
Imperial's minimum requirement is 7 in Math HL as far as I remember. So I think it may be to your disadvantage to some extent.
I think if you haven't submitted your application yet, you should maybe talk to the counselor/math teacher and tell them the situation you're in? (maybe you did this already). I think if you're on a higher end of 6 and explain to them that you're giving a shot at Imperial and tell them you will work hard, etc. they might give you a 7.
If you have submitted your application in already, I'm not entirely sure, maybe others have better suggestions than mine, but maybe email them explaining your situation?
I'm afraid, I don't have a definite answer. Sorry about that. Hope this helps! Good luck!

I haven't submitted it yet, I will try to convince him. I can already be considered a 7 considering my grade, it is just that my teacher seems to focus a lot on the grade from the start of grade 11. Additionally I just got another test (integration) back in which I got 52/54, which should help me to convince him.
Hi
What is everyone's predicted grades?
HI there! I haven't started core 4 in school yet. Is there any specific topic you can recommend me from Core 4 which I should do before my interview?

Thank you in advance!!

Hey, i'd recommend knowing the basics of integration and differentiation. I did double maths, so I did 6 modules in one year, which is why I was asked on those topics. If you are doing single maths, and haven't covered c4 yet, then I think they will understand and not ask you anything they wouldn't expect you to know, so don't worry too much.

Of course if you are able to learn new things then you might be able to impress them, but if you haven't done the topic yet then they might not ask you.
Original post by the_martian13
Hey, i'd recommend knowing the basics of integration and differentiation. I did double maths, so I did 6 modules in one year, which is why I was asked on those topics. If you are doing single maths, and haven't covered c4 yet, then I think they will understand and not ask you anything they wouldn't expect you to know, so don't worry too much.

Of course if you are able to learn new things then you might be able to impress them, but if you haven't done the topic yet then they might not ask you.

Thank you for your reply! Is there going to be any question from core 4 in the maths exam (the one which I need to take before my interview)!

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by the_martian13

How have A level people still not learned it? And what does basics include?
I don't remember exactly, there were no questions on vectors that's for sure. Just make sure you're confident on integration, differentiation and trigonometry ( like identities, graphs etc).

When is your interview?
What the heck is taking so long? 9 days overdue and counting!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/aeronautical_engineering_intervi#incoming-733436
What the heck is taking so long? 9 days overdue and counting!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/aeronautical_engineering_intervi#incoming-733436

They're too busy considering my application, so have no time to gather information :wink:

Or at least they say hope is the last thing you lose hahahahaha
Original post by alegonperez
They're too busy considering my application, so have no time to gather information :wink:

Or at least they say hope is the last thing you lose hahahahaha

Tbh I guess I'm glad they didn't release it this week.

Cause I was working really hard on the overseas "interview" question and if I found out the acceptance post interview is like 20% I would have become so demotivated :frown:

But man did you get your interview yet?
Tbh I guess I'm glad they didn't release it this week.

Cause I was working really hard on the overseas "interview" question and if I found out the acceptance post interview is like 20% I would have become so demotivated :frown:

But man did you get your interview yet?

Good luck man!

Not yet, but I hope to be "in the second round" hahahahaha. The first aero recruitment day is next Wednesday (interviews included), so give them 1-2 weeks to send out offers and then and with the best of luck I'll get my invitation to interview hahahahahaha
Btw, how many offers have you guys received? I've gotten offers from Bath, Bristol, Southampton and Manchester and just waiting for Imperial.
Hey guys, anyone applying with actual results? If so, what are you doing during your gap year? Just submitted the overseas interview (scream!) and I'm already so stressed out :redface:
Original post by Lord Commander
Btw, how many offers have you guys received? I've gotten offers from Bath, Bristol, Southampton and Manchester and just waiting for Imperial.

Only gotten offers from Bristol and Southampton so far :smile: Congrats!
Reply 58

I've got offers from Bristol, Southampton, and Sheffield. And anxiously waiting for Imperial... :frown:

I have received offers from Bristol and Southampton, just did an overseas interview for Imperial, and will have an interview at Cambridge on two weeks... Bath is the only I have heard nothing about and it is kinda pissing me off!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending