The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Aeronautical Engineering 2016 Applicants

Hi everybody!

As most people know, Imperial College has a good reputation for its Aeronautics degree, so why not make a thread for prospective students? It would be good if you introduced yourselves to other applicants, so that you may know someone the day you have your interview and therefore feel more comfy!

Feel free to ask any questions or post any news regarding interviews, offers, etc. As far as I know, nobody has been sent an invitation to interview yet, so there's nothing to worry about if you haven't still heard back from Imperial College.

I'll begin introducing myself. My name is Alejandro, I'm Spanish and I'm currently taking my second year of Bachillerato ("Spanish A Levels":wink:.

And in order for this thread to be less academic, I'll raise another issue. Most of you are currently on you 17s or even you 18s and are British I know there are many international students like me though. What do you think about nightlife in England (specially in London)? What kind of music do you usually listen to when you go out in the night? And what about latin music: reggaeton, salsa, bachata, etc.?

To conclude, good luck to everybody with your applications. I hope to see you all next year at Imperial :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello everybody!

My name is Fernando, I am also Spanish and currently studying the second year of Bachillerato. I have also applied to Cambridge (Clare College), Bath, Bristol and Southampton (conditional offer received).

It would be nice to know at least someone who is being interviewed the same day as you, I am looking forward to meeting any of you at Imperial.

Does anybody know when will Imperial Aero's Department start to send interview invitations? Please do not hesitate to post here whether you have yet been invited or not.

Good luck to you all!

Original post by alegonperez

I'll begin introducing myself. My name is Alejandro, I'm Spanish and I'm currently taking my first year of Bachillerato ("Spanish A Levels":wink:.

I believe you meant to say you were taking your second year of bachillerato, but I may be wrong.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by feracero

I believe you meant to say you were taking your second year of bachillerato, but I may be wrong.

Indeed! You're right hahahahaha. And as to when will Imperial start sending out invitations to interview, the previous years invitations were sent in early November, so they will probably send the first ones next week or the week after.

I'm craving hearing back from them hahahaha Same to you all I suppose
Reply 3
Hi guys! My name is Mo, I've applied for Aeronautics at Imperial and I got an invitation for an interview (or rather, to the 'Admissions Day') earlier today, for Thursday 26th November. Hopefully will see some of you guys there!
Original post by mlazim14
Hi guys! My name is Mo, I've applied for Aeronautics at Imperial and I got an invitation for an interview (or rather, to the 'Admissions Day':wink: earlier today, for Thursday 26th November. Hopefully will see some of you guys there!

I didn't receive that invitation you all received so I think we won't meet :frown:
I received an interview invitation too but they thought I lived overseas even though my UCAS said I go to school in Hertford I was like whaaat :K: I emailed them saying I can come to an admissions day and am waiting for a reply. Hope to see you guys there!
Reply 6
Received invitation for international overseas interview!!!
Reply 7
Original post by thatbrownkid17
I received an interview invitation too but they thought I lived overseas even though my UCAS said I go to school in Hertford I was like whaaat :K: I emailed them saying I can come to an admissions day and am waiting for a reply. Hope to see you guys there!

Do you think it is possible to attend one of these interview days even if you live outside the UK (but inside the EU)? I thought overseas interviews where online offered for those living outside the EU!!!
I am from the Netherlands and got an overseas interview invitation today! (Yea, Holland is so far from the UK, its impossible to come...) But nevermind, it doesnt cost me any more time.

Do you guys know what to expect from the overseas additional questions, etc.? And does anyone know percentages of prospective students who are being invited to an interview and who are made an offer?

Thanks!
Original post by feracero
Do you think it is possible to attend one of these interview days even if you live outside the UK (but inside the EU)? I thought overseas interviews where online offered for those living outside the EU!!!

Um, I'm not sure, you could contact them if you really want to come and see what they say but it seems like the overseas interview is so much less demanding than the actual admissions day if I were you I'd keep to it :biggrin: No online math test, no interrogation, no being put out of your comfort zone. I still wanted to do it despite being selected for an overseas one because I think it'll improve my skills at selling myself and be a worthwhile experience (but also if they found out later I lived in UK the whole time they'd think I misrepresented myself to them and that might get me into **** ). Good luck to your interview though
(edited 8 years ago)
does anyone know how to prepare for the mathematics test????!!!
Original post by thirimohl
does anyone know how to prepare for the mathematics test????!!!

Check out http://i-want-to-study-engineering.org https://isaacphysics.org/#786bc57a-f9ed-425b-9ba0-ceb7c6e09b8c and specially http://nrich.maths.org/6466
Reply 12
Hello everyone,

My name is Tony Ryu (not my legal name haha but people find it hard to pronounce my Korean name). I am a Korean student doing the International Baccalaureate in Seoul, Korea!

I haven't received an interview invitation yet (applied Oct. 23). I have also applied to Bath, Bristol (offer), Southampton (offer), and Sheffield (offer).

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you who have got an interview coming up! I hope I get mine quickly too! (Thanks Fernando for answering my questions earlier haha)
A question I have for those who have already received interview invitations is how long did Imperial to give you an invitation from the time you submitted your application?
Reply 13
Original post by mlazim14
Hi guys! My name is Mo, I've applied for Aeronautics at Imperial and I got an invitation for an interview (or rather, to the 'Admissions Day':wink: earlier today, for Thursday 26th November. Hopefully will see some of you guys there!

hehe good luck ive been invited to an interview on the 27th, day after yours
Original post by ufamily
Hello everyone,

My name is Tony Ryu (not my legal name haha but people find it hard to pronounce my Korean name). I am a Korean student doing the International Baccalaureate in Seoul, Korea!

I haven't received an interview invitation yet (applied Oct. 23). I have also applied to Bath, Bristol (offer), Southampton (offer), and Sheffield (offer).

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you who have got an interview coming up! I hope I get mine quickly too! (Thanks Fernando for answering my questions earlier haha)
A question I have for those who have already received interview invitations is how long did Imperial to give you an invitation from the time you submitted your application?

Don't worry much about not having been invited to interview yet. I'm also a foreign student, I applied on the 15th September, and I haven't received an invitation to interview yet. I've not given up hope, though. I hoping for an interview invitation next week or maybe in two weeks. I dunno, maybe I'll get it in January and I'll have the interview in February. Why not? I mean there's no need to loose hope, is there?

Original post by laxshh
hehe good luck ive been invited to an interview on the 27th, day after yours

Good luck mate! Don't forget to tell us how it went after you have your interview!
Reply 15
Don't worry much about not having been invited to interview yet. I'm also a foreign student, I applied on the 15th September, and I haven't received an invitation to interview yet. I've not given up hope, though. I hoping for an interview invitation next week or maybe in two weeks. I dunno, maybe I'll get it in January and I'll have the interview in February. Why not? I mean there's no need to loose hope, is there?

Haha thanks for the advice! I guess I just grew impatient over the past few days :frown:
but yeah... I hope you get good results! Again, thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ufamily

Haha thanks for the advice! I guess I just grew impatient over the past few days :frown:
but yeah... I hope you get good results! Again, thanks!

Please, keep us updated on your application process; if you receive an invitation to interview, let us know :wink:

Same if you need help! I'll always be glad to help anyone applying. I think having a friendly environment among us all will cut down on nerves at the interview, and foreign students being admitted won't feel lonely when they have to move to London.
Please, keep us updated on your application process; if you receive an invitation to interview, let us know :wink:

Same if you need help! I'll always be glad to help anyone applying. I think having a friendly environment among us all will cut down on nerves at the interview, and foreign students being admitted won't feel lonely when they have to move to London.

We Imperial Aero applicants stick together :biggrin:
Hey guys does any of you know if the aero department will move next to mecheng department for entry 2016? Cause at the open days we were told something about this, but I can't remember precisely what they said. For those who don't know it the aero dept is currently next to Chemical engineering dept, but since they are building new labs or something like that in the new building for mecheng and there is plenty of space, the aeros dept is moving there (at least this is what I remember to be told)

Also, what will be the differences between regular aero and aero with space?
I've got an invitation to the interview as well! Looking forward to seeing you guys there. But a 9:30 start means waking up ridiculously early for me so I might be half asleep! I'm travelling down from the midlands so I guess it could've been worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending