The Student Room Group

Varna Medical univeristy

Hi everyone I am a first year student at medical university of Varna and I just wanted to shed some light on what it has been like studying here especially since not many people will post the downsides of what it is truly like. Its not as easy as everyone will tell you it is. It is starting to get harder as the university are taking on many students which they have no room for and yes even though they may deny it on the open day they do drop students after the second year. Your days will usually start at around 9:30 and end at 5. You will have seminars and lectures everyday but its usually self studying at home. There is no pastoral system etc. The six hours of Bulgarian language a week start to take their toll on you especially since you have other more important subjects to revise. A month in and you will have colloquiums (mid term tests) on all of your subjects most of these count and you will have to work extremely hard to pass them, which for me right now is very stressful, I am hardly getting any sleep. So you must be wondering why I am still here? Well I've considered dropping out many times however coming here to study has been a huge investment financially so going back home is not an easy option.
Original post by MedicStudent123
Hi everyone I am a first year student at medical university of Varna and I just wanted to shed some light on what it has been like studying here especially since not many people will post the downsides of what it is truly like. Its not as easy as everyone will tell you it is. It is starting to get harder as the university are taking on many students which they have no room for and yes even though they may deny it on the open day they do drop students after the second year. Your days will usually start at around 9:30 and end at 5. You will have seminars and lectures everyday but its usually self studying at home. There is no pastoral system etc. The six hours of Bulgarian language a week start to take their toll on you especially since you have other more important subjects to revise. A month in and you will have colloquiums (mid term tests) on all of your subjects most of these count and you will have to work extremely hard to pass them, which for me right now is very stressful, I am hardly getting any sleep. So you must be wondering why I am still here? Well I've considered dropping out many times however coming here to study has been a huge investment financially so going back home is not an easy option.

Do you regret it? If you had a choice of studying in the U.K for something like optometry would you do that instead?

Quick Reply

Latest