The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MagicNMedicine
These are likely the same people who, after they have graduated with their 2:2 or 3rd, and can't get a decent job, will be complaining that "the government lied to us about university"

I repped this but I felt the need to quote it too, for emphasis.

On the other hand:

Original post by neal95

thirdly, the lifestyle seems quite superficial. take halloween for example, with lots of people dressing up and making a big thing of it "because everyone else is". i think sometimes people give in to peer pressure to easily. many people also dont like the pub lifestyle, but prefer the clubs, probably not because they dont like pubs but because they want to copy others and not get left out.

I always found finding a costume for halloween a bit annoying, but still did it because it's a laugh when you do and nobody wants to be the boring guy.

There's a happy medium.
It's the beginning of first year. Soon, people will start to run out of money, the novelty will start to wear off and exams will start to draw closer and closer. It will calm down.
student life can seem like that but people have moved out for the first time and are finally free of parents. in my experience it generally settles down by second and third year.
Original post by kandykissesxox
Well, since you’re so graciously welcoming my views and opinions - I personally really liked Halloween and dressing up like a samurai girl. I also really liked the club and dancing is just something that comes naturally to me :wink:

well i've got news for you, uni life corrupted me and i've done my fair share of dressing up on halloween too, as a convict - i'm sure samurai girls can safely intervene and make a peaceful citizens arrest on a mere stripey clad convict....right :hump2:
Original post by neal95
well i've got news for you, uni life corrupted me and i've done my fair share of dressing up on halloween too, as a convict - i'm sure samurai girls can safely intervene and make a peaceful citizens arrest on a mere stripey clad convict....right :hump2:

Welcome to my corrupt 🌎

Latest

Trending

Trending