The Student Room Group

UCAS Offer

Hello there, i am just wondering if someone can elaborate on this offer, there is no question of doubt that this university and the course in question will be my firm choice.

The conditional offer through ucas stated a "minimum of 180 ucas points" and that "offers are made subjects to reasonable adjustments being made possible"

When i applied for the course, via ucas the entry requirements stated that A/S levels could also be used in conjunction with A2 or BTEC ND.

I am currently predicted MPP (Merit, Pass, Pass) on my BTEC ND course, this is 160 UCAS points, i do However also have D/D/E at A/S Levels. Aswell as a Key Skill Level 3 (it also said Keyskills could be used in conjunction)

This would bring my ucas points in total to 260.

Broken down:

BTEC ND:160
A/S Levels: 80
Key Skills Level 3: 20

Obviously this total of 260 is way above the 180 points requested, and the course i am applying for does state that A/S levels and Key Skills can be combined with either A2(s) or BTEC ND Qualifications.

I rang up the university to confirm this, and the lady down the phone said "well we will consider your A/S Levels"

Its the "consider" part that has got me really paranoid.

On my applicant day, i spoke to the admissions officer, explained that i may and i predicted to get 160 points, on my BTEC ND alone, not 180 and she said i obviously cant promise anything, but i cant see any complications, we look highly favorable upon applicants who make us their firm choice.
yes admissions tutors are really bad when it comes to phrasing - but it sounds like they are considering your a levels as well as your other qualifications. but ring them up again and ask again, and clarify - ask her, "do you mean you are going to consider all my qualifications when you look at my points total?"
if that doesn't work - email them, tell them your situation - some uniz are surprisingly good at emailing back - espcially since you hold an offer and are considering them as your firm choice
Reply 2
Thankyou, that is what i shall do.
no problem :smile:
If it says in the prospectus that AS levels and Key Skills can count for points towards your offer as well as BTECs for your course, there shouldn't be a problem, but emailing just to clarify is a good idea if you didn't really get anywhere by phoning. Just say something like 'If I were to achieve MPP in my BTEC National Diploma, and I have already achieved DDE at AS level in addition to a Key Skill at level 3, would I meet my offer of 180 UCAS points?' They can't really answer that except with a straight yes or no.
Reply 5
Thankyou for the quick and detailed replies, i emailed the head of admissions who i actually spoke to on my applicant day, however someone has replied on her behalf by the looks of things.

I received a somewhat none-elaborative response:

"Thank you for your email.

To confirm, we will look at your overall profile if you do not meet the grades you are predicted."

However as the above post mentions, i now feel confident due to the fact it has to be specifically written in the offer response that the points are simply ucas points, and not derived from anywhere in particular.

Latest

Trending

Trending