The Student Room Group

Squeezing out a baby.

Scroll to see replies

I wonder why it's still such a struggle though

You'd think that evolution would have made giving birth easy and stuff, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's scary but somehow there's so many women who come out of it all fine and dandy, so I guess i'll be fine
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
This is a question for the ladies.

When did you come to terms with the fact that if you ever what kids of your own you are going to have to carry a parasite for 9 months and then squeeze something far to large out a hole far to small. It;s terrifying, like how do you even come to terms with that :afraid:

Almost makes deing sooner as a man worth it that I don;t have to worry about that :tongue:

I like a good stretch
Original post by Ebony & Ivory
I wonder why it's still such a struggle though

You'd think that evolution would have made giving birth easy and stuff, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Birth in humans is harder than in other species because of our large brains and upright posture.

For the majority of the animal kingdom birth is relatively dlstraightforward and pain free unless there are complications.

In answer to the Op it's actually very difficult.to deal with and the main reason why being a woman socks.
It's all part of being a mother, personally I'd embrace it because at the end of it all I'd have a little baby of my own in my arms.:love:
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
Maybe she did :colondollar:
What exactly about childbirth and motherhood is so amazing? I'm not being mean, I just genuinely don't uderstand. To me it's the worst thing that can happen to a person. Why do so many people enjoy the idea of having children?
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
It's scary but somehow there's so many women who come out of it all fine and dandy, so I guess i'll be fine
that's because of procedures like Episiotomies... which aren't fine or dandy themselves.
Original post by yasaminO_o
What exactly about childbirth and motherhood is so amazing? I'm not being mean, I just genuinely don't uderstand. To me it's the worst thing that can happen to a person. Why do so many people enjoy the idea of having children?
Do your parents enjoy your existence?
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
Do your parents enjoy your existence?

Not really no lol

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Not really no lol
Maybe that's why you feel that way :frown:
Can't wait to have my own babies, aww

Different people want different things. To some people watching their child grown and teaching it things is wonderful. They're people who can look past the negatives because they believe the positives outweigh the negatives involved...not me though.
I used to find it disgusting and terrifying; I thought of it as a parasite. Then I warmed to the idea - you're hosting a life; something that's half of you and all yours to raise and watch grow and that's kind of beautiful.
Not a parent , but i cant think of anything more fulfilling than seeing your child grow.
Well the lady can just have an epidural and not feel a thing.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Describing them as "parasites", you've got a very very weird logic.

I got that from when someone I follow on twitter compared carrying a child to the alien chest buster in Alien XD.

It;s something that lives inside of you and feeds off of you :afraid:

Parasite.
"an organism which lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense." -wiki

(edited 8 years ago)
Not only that, I just don't understand how having a baby could make me happy

You're not the only one - kids terrify the f*** outta me at the best of times...
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Never. Also this questions is weird.

I have an obsession with Alien :sad:

Original post by redferry

In answer to the Op it's actually very difficult.to deal with and the main reason why being a woman socks.

Damn. Didn't realise socks were patriarchal as well. :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
This is a question for the ladies.

When did you come to terms with the fact that if you ever what kids of your own you are going to have to carry a parasite for 9 months and then squeeze something far to large out a hole far to small. It;s terrifying, like how do you even come to terms with that :afraid:

Almost makes deing sooner as a man worth it that I don;t have to worry about that :tongue:

What an abnormal question to ask, seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending