The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Accommodation HELP

I'm looking into the different types of accommodation at essex as i want to make it my firm. Im not sure whether to apply for the towers or south courts, I'm leaning towards the towers atm. I want to be in a sociable atmosphere and like the idea of having quit a few flatmates, but i also want to be able to get a decent night sleep now and again. Should i apply for south courts or the towers???? also what is the difference between south and north towers? Thank you!
Original post by aliciakt97
I'm looking into the different types of accommodation at essex as i want to make it my firm. Im not sure whether to apply for the towers or south courts, I'm leaning towards the towers atm. I want to be in a sociable atmosphere and like the idea of having quit a few flatmates, but i also want to be able to get a decent night sleep now and again. Should i apply for south courts or the towers???? also what is the difference between south and north towers? Thank you!

Hello!

There are flats in the Towers which are quiet but mostly Towers are the noisiest accommodation of the uni (parties, too many people etc). I would recommend South Courts or the Houses if you want to guarantee yourself a decent night sleep - though in South Courts they are partying too.
Also there is not difference between North and South Towers, it's just their location which adds the name :smile:

P.S.: a reminder that in the Towers you have to share the bathroom

Hope that helps!
^Andriana
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by aliciakt97

Hi, the difference between North and South relates to price. North towers are more expensive as there are only up to 14 people sharing instead of up to 16.

I lived in the south courts during my first year and I'm currently living in the meadows. South courts is really nice and spacious - however it is a lot quieter. In my case I wanted to be able to be away from the parting when I needed to and instead chose to make friends with lots of people in the towers so I still had the social element as well as having my own space :smile:

Hope that helps ^ Shannon
Reply 3
I currently live in south courts and I assure you there is no shortage of parties however south towers through my experience is the location, as for standard of living. The building is rather disgusting in the way its maintained and there are normally plates and leftover food all over the kitchen. However its location is the best for commuting to most lecture buildings, classes and is a minute away from one of my main lecture halls. Its incredibly cheap and highly social if you want it to be, but that is also determined by what kinda person you are. If you want a fun place with very low costs and many pre-drinks minutes away I'd choose towers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending