The Student Room Group

Finding sixth form life hard

I started a new sixth form in September, (I'm 16 years old), I had to move as my secondary school doesn't have one, and it's October half term and I still haven't found a group of friends who I feel comfortable around and could hang out at lunch with nd be close to, it's not that people don't like me I think it's just I can be quite quiet sometimes (I can find it hard to come up with conversation if I don't feel like they won't accept me) and they prefer people who are more confident and funny than me. I'm not getting invited to any of the parties and I'm worried that I'll just end up having no friends and no social life ever. What do I do? HElp mE
Original post by Anonymous
I started a new sixth form in September, (I'm 16 years old), I had to move as my secondary school doesn't have one, and it's October half term and I still haven't found a group of friends who I feel comfortable around and could hang out at lunch with nd be close to, it's not that people don't like me I think it's just I can be quite quiet sometimes (I can find it hard to come up with conversation if I don't feel like they won't accept me) and they prefer people who are more confident and funny than me. I'm not getting invited to any of the parties and I'm worried that I'll just end up having no friends and no social life ever. What do I do? HElp mE

Social life is pretty important, not the most important thing. Don't stress be chilled and take part in banter now and then. Friends come and go, grades don't.
Reply 2
are there any lunch/after college clubs you could join? maybe get to know the people on your table a bit more. It is very hard if u are completely new and everyone already has friends i know. Just go to places where people hang out regularly at lunch
Just get the best grades you can while you're there. A social life can be a distraction sometimes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending