2016-17 Sussex Offers

Scroll to see replies

conditional offer from Sussex to study English Literature:smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by 408655
Anyone for neuroscience?

Hey I got an ABB offer, but it's BBB if i put it as my firm choice. Applying for 2017 though :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by squeakylucy
Hey I got an ABB offer, but it's BBB if i put it as my firm choice. Applying for 2017 though :smile:

Original post by ItsJustSkye
conditional offer from Sussex to study English Literature:smile:

Congrats both of you :smile: All the best and good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Had a Google and there's an admissions FAQ for Sussex. Theres a bit about an unconditional offer scheme where the offers for that go out in January. Might be a bit more of a wait for most of us as I'm guessing that on the whole they're waiting for the deadline to pass before starting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
@408655 and @dotbot

I have also applied for (medical) neuroscience. Hello!
Original post by 408655
Congrats both of you :smile: All the best and good luck!

You too:smile: Are you applying for neuroscience?
Reply 46
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
@408655 and @dotbot

Hooray :biggrin: If you have any questions, fire away and I shall do my best to answer :smile:

You too:smile: Are you applying for neuroscience?

Thank you :smile: I am already a student here at Sussex, however I am doing a foundation year for biology as I have done A levels which do not fit the entry requirements for neuroscience
Reply 47
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
@408655 and @dotbot

oh hi! Are you going to the applicant day next week? :biggrin:

Can I ask what your A level subjects are?
Original post by dotbot
oh hi! Are you going to the applicant day next week? :biggrin:

No, I'll wait until I get an offer for that (not sure why I'm in this thread, actually). I have an ex who went there and so I know the city and campus pretty well; visiting isn't at the top of my priorities atm.
Original post by 408655
Hooray :biggrin: If you have any questions, fire away and I shall do my best to answer :smile:

Thank you :smile: I am already a student here at Sussex, however I am doing a foundation year for biology as I have done A levels which do not fit the entry requirements for neuroscience

I've applied for a foundation year too! Do you have to go through UCAS and reapply to get onto undergraduate? Or do they automatically place you straight onto the course if you pass?
Reply 51
Original post by pannyfrost
I've applied for a foundation year too! Do you have to go through UCAS and reapply to get onto undergraduate? Or do they automatically place you straight onto the course if you pass?

Hello :smile: If you decide to stay at Sussex for your undergraduate study, then you will not have to apply for UCAS again as the university will manage the admissions for you and they will put you onto the new course themselves on the condition that they are satisfied with your results for the foundation year.

However if you want to transfer to a different university for your undergraduate study, then you will have to apply for UCAS again during the autumn term just like the A level students.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joannamcquaid
Can I ask what your A level subjects are?

Biology, psychology and maths (dropped chemistry at AS)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an unconditional offer from Sussex for an LLM if there any any post-grad students here
I got a conditional offer for PPE :smile:

Do you plan on living in On-campus accommodation or are you looking for private housing ? Because even though the accommodations on campus aren't that expensive they still are kind of on the edge of my monthly budget so I'm looking for alternatives .. :K:
Original post by SapereAude97
I got a conditional offer for PPE :smile:

Do you plan on living in On-campus accommodation or are you looking for private housing ? Because even though the accommodations on campus aren't that expensive they still are kind of on the edge of my monthly budget so I'm looking for alternatives .. :K:

Hi! I'm a current student at Sussex. It's much less hassle to have university managed accommodation and there is very little difference in price between on campus and private housing.

Hope this helps.
Who's going to the Sussex applicant visit day this Saturday (23/01/16)

I'm going

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58

I am ^_^
Original post by bubblegumcat

Original post by dotbot
I am ^_^

What courses did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest