The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Applicants 2016

Ask the Queen Margaret University Official Rep any questions you may have about applying to QMU next year! Entry requirements, accommodation, student life, Edinburgh city, finances or anything at all - just get in touch! Post your question below or you can private message us directly.

Step Into QMU and develop your passion with us!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How long does it usually take for admissions to get back with an offer. I applied two weeks ago to three courses at QMU and still haven't hear back
Students on campus at Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Original post by Eil
How long does it usually take for admissions to get back with an offer. I applied two weeks ago to three courses at QMU and still haven't hear back

Hi there! Congrats on having your application in already! For many of our courses we would be making decisions once the UCAS deadline closes on 15th January, as we would want to assess all applications received on time. It would also depend on the courses you have applied to, as others have higher application : places ratios so there are more applications to assess. Unfortunately submitting earlier doesn't always mean a decision earlier! If you want me to check directly with the Admissions team, you can private message me with your application details and I can check for you.

Charlotte (Official QMU TSR Rep)
'Step into QMU' and develop your passion with us!
Reply 3
If I applied to more than one course will I get my replies all in the same day?
Original post by Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Ask the Queen Margaret University Official Rep any questions you may have about applying to QMU next year! Entry requirements, accommodation, student life, Edinburgh city, finances or anything at all - just get in touch! Post your question below or you can private message us directly.

'Step into QMU' and develop your passion with us!

hi,
the radiotherapy course that I have applied for requires an interview, will not find out if I am offered an interview before January 15th?
Thanks
Original post by Eil
If I applied to more than one course will I get my replies all in the same day?

As we all process applications differently, you will receive your responses separately too. Universities have until the 31st March to make their decisions, although you are likely to hear before then! As decisions come in, you will be updated on UCAS Track.
Original post by elizabethRT
hi,
the radiotherapy course that I have applied for requires an interview, will not find out if I am offered an interview before January 15th?
Thanks

Hi there. The Admissions team will begin making initial selections, however it is likely the notifications will go out from the end of January as they will consider all on-time applications for interview selection. If selected, you would be notified at least 3 weeks prior to the interview date. Best of luck!
Reply 7
Hi,
I have a question about Physiotherapy course - how many places are avaible for this course?
Thanks in advance for the answer.
Original post by Pakachi
Hi,
I have a question about Physiotherapy course - how many places are avaible for this course?
Thanks in advance for the answer.

Hi there - We typically have around 35 places on the course each year, however this is dependent on placement allocations so may vary, but typically around 35.
Best of luck if you are applying this year!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Reply 9
How many spaces are their on each of the media related courses such as film and media?
Original post by Eil
How many spaces are their on each of the media related courses such as film and media?

Hello! We don't have specific 'limits' as such on the courses as there are cross-taught modules so students can be made up from several of our Media areas. We have an overall number of students for the division, but not broken down per subject the same as other courses have (I hope that makes sense!).
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Reply 11

Step Into QMU and develop your passion with us!

How many places do you have on Occupational therapy? I'm applying 2017.

What are your entry requirements for BTEC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I would also be grateful for information regarding the amount on places you have for your Occupational Therapy course! Also, just wondered as to why it runs for 4 years instead of three like most others?!
Hi,I'm applying here and I would like to ask, how diverse is this university? I'm Nigerian so I would like to be well informed beore attending.
Reply 14
I have recieved one offer to study here but still no replies to the other courses I also applied to at QMU. How long will this take
Original post by Katty3
How many places do you have on Occupational therapy? I'm applying 2017.

What are your entry requirements for BTEC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey - we typically have 30-35 places on Occupational therapy each year but due to placements this can change slightly. For BTEC, would you mind emailing in to [email protected] or DM and give details of the BTEC you are taking? We can consider BTEC, but would need to check the specific route you are taking against our requirements.
Thanks,
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by aquint
I would also be grateful for information regarding the amount on places you have for your Occupational Therapy course! Also, just wondered as to why it runs for 4 years instead of three like most others?!

Hi there - we typically have 30-35 places on the course but as mentioned before this can vary each year with placement limitations. In Scotland, all Honours Degree courses are 4 years, allowing you to study a wider breadth of topic in the first two years, then your years 3 and 4 count toward your degree, with the 4th year when you would undertake the dissertation or Honours project. In the rest of the UK, degree courses would be 3 years due to the different way the courses are taught. I hope that helps to explain!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by bisolaxo
Hi,I'm applying here and I would like to ask, how diverse is this university? I'm Nigerian so I would like to be well informed beore attending.

Hello - at QMU we are a diverse student community with around 20% of our students being International. Edinburgh, as a city, is a wonderful place to study and you will meet people from all over the world here. With 4 universities across the city, Edinburgh is a real 'student' city with a body of around 100,000 students. Our International Office are happy to provide any help or advice you need, so don't hesitate to get in touch via [email protected]
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Original post by Eil
I have recieved one offer to study here but still no replies to the other courses I also applied to at QMU. How long will this take

Hey - as I mentioned before, each of our courses differ in timeframe and some may only make final decisions after the 15th January deadline, so you may have a bit of time to wait I'm afraid! The University will be closed over the Christmas break, so on return it is likely decisions will begin to be submitted but this is a really busy time for Admissions teams. They are processing as quickly as possible, but as you can imagine many students are submitting all at the same time which means it can take a few weeks of selecting before any decisions are made. Patience is appreciated!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)
Reply 19
Hi there - we typically have 30-35 places on the course but as mentioned before this can vary each year with placement limitations. In Scotland, all Honours Degree courses are 4 years, allowing you to study a wider breadth of topic in the first two years, then your years 3 and 4 count toward your degree, with the 4th year when you would undertake the dissertation or Honours project. In the rest of the UK, degree courses would be 3 years due to the different way the courses are taught. I hope that helps to explain!
Charlotte
(Official QMU TSR Rep)

Ahh really helpful, thanks a lot for your help Charlotte!

Quick Reply

Latest