The Student Room Group
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

Current student nurses: Advice please?

Hey, I've been accepted and im currently deciding on accommodation.
Im in two minds weather to go for the uxbridge housing or high wycombe.
Any advice, what you went for? If it's easier then it looks to live in high wycombe?

Someone help me? Haha
Original post by Jess.2244
Any advice, what you went for? If it's easier then it looks to live in high wycombe?

Someone help me? Haha

Hi Jess, I'm also starting in Feb was thinking maybe it would be easier if we stayed in uxbridge as it'll be easier not a big hassle in the morning lol. Also in uxbridge other student nurses will be there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Reply 2
Original post by kadija_begum
Hi Jess, I'm also starting in Feb was thinking maybe it would be easier if we stayed in uxbridge as it'll be easier not a big hassle in the morning lol. Also in uxbridge other student nurses will be there

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that too but apparently it isn't that bad being at halls & a few student nurses are also going for halls.. X
Original post by Jess.2244

Someone help me? Haha

Hey! I'm a third year nursing student at bucks so can give you a quick rundown..

If you live in Uxbridge, you have a 2-15 minute walk to uni depending on whereabouts you live in and around uxbridge. Quite convenient and saves you money/time spent travelling, but a walk either way.. There's no campus so you can feel sort of excluded from 'normal' uni life at times..

Uxb is generally better if you're on placement locally as the underground station and bus station are quite central to most surrounding areas.

However, you get more for your money in terms of housing in HW - generally bigger rooms for less money, and theres more of a 'uni feel' with the SU bar etc. - you'll probably have a lot more fun there.
There is a campus link bus that goes both two and from the campus free of charge on the hour, but can be quite busy at peak time on uni days.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :smile:
Original post by pollypokit_x
Hey! I'm a third year nursing student at bucks so can give you a quick rundown..

If you live in Uxbridge, you have a 2-15 minute walk to uni depending on whereabouts you live in and around uxbridge. Quite convenient and saves you money/time spent travelling, but a walk either way.. There's no campus so you can feel sort of excluded from 'normal' uni life at times..

Uxb is generally better if you're on placement locally as the underground station and bus station are quite central to most surrounding areas.

However, you get more for your money in terms of housing in HW - generally bigger rooms for less money, and theres more of a 'uni feel' with the SU bar etc. - you'll probably have a lot more fun there.
There is a campus link bus that goes both two and from the campus free of charge on the hour, but can be quite busy at peak time on uni days.

Hey.. Currently a second year student nurse.. University of Leeds.. Wondering if you have ever had to do an ethics essay?
I'm completely at a loss as to what topic to pick and so far this post is the only one I've come across that states someone is actually studying Nursing 😩😩 any help would be appreciated.. An idea with a bit of background for reading up on.. Anything at all..
Kind regards
Lilliebuddie
Reply 5
Original post by pollypokit_x

Thanks for the advice, it did help :smile:
Which accommodation did you go for? I'm just waiting to hear back on the HW rooms.
Original post by Lilliebuddie87
Hey.. Currently a second year student nurse.. University of Leeds.. Wondering if you have ever had to do an ethics essay?
I'm completely at a loss as to what topic to pick and so far this post is the only one I've come across that states someone is actually studying Nursing 😩😩 any help would be appreciated.. An idea with a bit of background for reading up on.. Anything at all..

Kind regards
Lilliebuddie

Hey! I haven't done an ethics essay as it wasn't part of my curriculum, but I know a hot topic with loads of further reading is 'do not attempt resuscitation' as there are lots of ethics surrounding that, maybe do it in terms of children/cancer etc? Hope that helps xx
I'm a bit worried that my personal statement isn't good enough. I've written lots of stuff that is relevant to nursing and I've stated why I want to do nursing but not paediatrics in specific The only experience I've had is a week in a hospital and working in a children's amusement park for two summers. Compared to other applicants I just feel as if I'm not good enough!

I've applied to Manchester, Queen's Belfast, Northumbria, Surrey and Edinburgh Napier! I sent off my UCAS off a week and a half ago on Friday and still haven't heard anything.

Does anyone have any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest