The Student Room Group

MACH Graduate Programme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fumi
Hey Clomper, congratulations for making it to the Skype interview stage. It definitely is hard to gauge how well it went or not because it was more relaxed than other interviews! From what I read in previous years there were ten people at the assessment centre. No idea how many Skype interviews they had but I imagine quite a few. When I needed to book a slot there was around 12 to pick from across two days...

I actually haven't received any kind of automated e-mail after my Skype interview. Not sure if I should be worried about that but they also made a mistake in the past emailing me saying I needed to send my application when I already did.

Good luck with your application and hopefully you have made it to the next stage! I don't find out till at least the 8th so I have to wait a while :tongue:

Hey Fumi,

Hope it went well for you! I enjoyed the experience no matter what happens. Hopefully this year they're taking a few more graduates on than previous years! Who knows?

The automated e-mail, which was only personalised by my name at the top, was as follows:

Thank you so much for taking part in both the video interview and recent Skype Connection, we were impressed by your performance and as a result you are now being considered for assessment centre, the dates for which are currently being confirmed.

We really appreciate all of the time and effort you have put into the process to date. Due to the number of vacancies and the competition for our opportunities, we are unable to guarantee you an invite to assessment centre at the moment. Please be assured however your application is being considered and we will contact you again with further information shortly.

Hope to hear on Friday if I've progressed! Good luck once again!
Original post by Fumi
Hey Clomper, congratulations for making it to the Skype interview stage. It definitely is hard to gauge how well it went or not because it was more relaxed than other interviews! From what I read in previous years there were ten people at the assessment centre. No idea how many Skype interviews they had but I imagine quite a few. When I needed to book a slot there was around 12 to pick from across two days...

I actually haven't received any kind of automated e-mail after my Skype interview. Not sure if I should be worried about that but they also made a mistake in the past emailing me saying I needed to send my application when I already did.

Good luck with your application and hopefully you have made it to the next stage! I don't find out till at least the 8th so I have to wait a while :tongue:

Really worried they haven't replied back too but I guess there's still a week to wait ;(
Original post by Clomper
Hey Fumi,

Hope it went well for you! I enjoyed the experience no matter what happens. Hopefully this year they're taking a few more graduates on than previous years! Who knows?

The automated e-mail, which was only personalised by my name at the top, was as follows:

Hope to hear on Friday if I've progressed! Good luck once again!

Sigh I didn't get this email. Obviously means I didn't make it through
I got one for TFL but not this so means I didn't get through obviously
Reply 23
I wouldn't worry Melissa, I did not feel mine went so well. It could be because I did my interviews at the earliest possible opportunity and I think I was doing them before the main rush. Another friend of mine who did his interviews nearer the rear end of the process did not receive one.

I really don't think it means anything because they have since interviewed a load more people who could easily be more suited than I am (I received this 2 days after my skype connection, and I took the earliest interview opportunities). In hindsight, I wish I took some later interviews because I thought the AC invitations would be rolling until all the spaces are filled (I had to change my PWC office location because it was filled - despite having my AC booked!) so I rushed to try and get in before it was full.

Keep positive, I hope a lot from TSR make it. In fact, this thread was the sole reason I made an account (having previously been a lurker).
Original post by Clomper
I wouldn't worry Melissa, I did not feel mine went so well. It could be because I did my interviews at the earliest possible opportunity and I think I was doing them before the main rush. Another friend of mine who did his interviews nearer the rear end of the process did not receive one.

I really don't think it means anything because they have since interviewed a load more people who could easily be more suited than I am (I received this 2 days after my skype connection, and I took the earliest interview opportunities). In hindsight, I wish I took some later interviews because I thought the AC invitations would be rolling until all the spaces are filled (I had to change my PWC office location because it was filled - despite having my AC booked!) so I rushed to try and get in before it was full.

Keep positive, I hope a lot from TSR make it. In fact, this thread was the sole reason I made an account (having previously been a lurker).

Ah I see! I'll just have to wait and see how it goes I guess.
Thank you and good luck x
Reply 25
Original post by MelissaJuniper
Sigh I didn't get this email. Obviously means I didn't make it through
I got one for TFL but not this so means I didn't get through obviously

I wouldn't worry too much Melissa! I didn't get one either but I wouldn't let a generic email rule out the possibility that you won't make it to the AC! Unless you get an email saying you are rejected there is still a chance you will get invited :smile:

Original post by Clomper

Yeah I thought the same thing, Clomper. I applied a few weeks before the deadline thinking they would have AC's until roles are filled. Ah well just going to have to see what happens! I also recall my interviewer mentioning that there is possibility for further AC's to occur depending on the outcome of initial ones. I believe some invitations for AC's to be sent out soon? Anyway good luck again! Fingers crossed for all of us :smile:
Reply 26
Should be today because that's 7 days before the 11th (the date I was told), and I was told we would be notified at least a week before. I mean, if you applied from Scotland and the AC is in Reading (location was unknown when I asked) then that's going to be one expensive bill being so last minute! Luckily for me, I can drive to reading in 45 minutes (or less depending on the M4!).

Good luck all!
Reply 27
Heard nothing :frown:
Original post by Clomper
Heard nothing :frown:

I was told AC is on the 15th
Reply 29

Hmm, perhaps there are 2. She 100% told me 11th, but I suppose 2 makes sense because from my experience of other ACs there are only like 6-8 people.

I'll phone up on Monday, perhaps they can clarify the situation then :smile:
Reply 30

Original post by Clomper
Hmm, perhaps there are 2. She 100% told me 11th, but I suppose 2 makes sense because from my experience of other ACs there are only like 6-8 people.

I'll phone up on Monday, perhaps they can clarify the situation then :smile:

Seems a bit strange they would tell you guys the AC is on the 11th but not really inform anyone of their results? Definitely a good idea to call them on Monday :smile: Hopefully happy news is on your way!
If you guys log on back to the Microsoft Application page, does it say under consideration for assessment centre?
Reply 32
Original post by Ben Hunt
If you guys log on back to the Microsoft Application page, does it say under consideration for assessment centre?

yep
Original post by Clomper
yep

It's says "under consideration" but doesn't mention an assessment centre?
Reply 34
It's says "under consideration" but doesn't mention an assessment centre?

Mine says, under "Status": "Under consideration for assessment centre"

I don't understand all these discrepancies despite applying for the same scheme
Original post by Clomper
Mine says, under "Status": "Under consideration for assessment centre"

I don't understand all these discrepancies despite applying for the same scheme

image.png

This is all it says ;(
Reply 36
image.png

This is all it says ;(

http://i.imgur.com/8TRWGyj.jpg

I have no explanation...
Original post by Clomper
http://i.imgur.com/8TRWGyj.jpg

I have no explanation...

didn't hear from them today, will call them tomorrow. Anyone else had any luck?
Reply 38
Original post by Ben Hunt
didn't hear from them today, will call them tomorrow. Anyone else had any luck?

Phoned up and they said the AC is on the 11th and they are in the process of sending invitations, which should be finalized by the end of Wednesday (9th)
Original post by Clomper
Phoned up and they said the AC is on the 11th and they are in the process of sending invitations, which should be finalized by the end of Wednesday (9th)

Ah thanks for posting!
Hopefully we all get through

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending