The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M.Beeblebrox
Haven't decided yet, actually. I already have some friends in London, who want to live with me, but then dorms would probably be better to get to know people.. I can't decide really. You?

I think I'll try to get a dorm but if they give me something weird try to sort out something else - I think you can pm by clicking on the user then there's an option but I'm not sure :smile:
Reply 41
Just received an unconditional from Durham!! Still waiting on Edinburgh, though!! Has anyone applied/heard back from them?
Original post by pollysel97
Just received an unconditional from Durham!! Still waiting on Edinburgh, though!! Has anyone applied/heard back from them?

Congrats on your offer! I have a conditional for Durham and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh :smile: None of my friends have heard back from Edinburgh either and they're notoriously slow with giving out offers. What's your first choice?
Reply 43
Original post by jazzibella
Congrats on your offer! I have a conditional for Durham and I'm still waiting on Edinburgh :smile: None of my friends have heard back from Edinburgh either and they're notoriously slow with giving out offers. What's your first choice?

Thank you! I can't believe it! I'm on my gap year at the moment so I already had my grades but I got A*AB instead of AAA so I wasn't sure if I'd make it. I'm honestly not quite sure, it's between Durham, Sussex and Edinburgh (if I get in) it's all very uncertain, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
None of my friends have heard back from Edinburgh either and they're notoriously slow with giving out offers.

Also from what I gather Edinburgh tends to hand out offers to the Scottish applicants first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! I can't believe it! I'm on my gap year at the moment so I already had my grades but I got A*AB instead of AAA so I wasn't sure if I'd make it. I'm honestly not quite sure, it's between Durham, Sussex and Edinburgh (if I get in) it's all very uncertain, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first choice is Durham at the moment but it also depends on if I get an offer from Edinburgh :smile:
Original post by smoothER
I think I'll try to get a dorm but if they give me something weird try to sort out something else - I think you can pm by clicking on the user then there's an option but I'm not sure :smile:

Sounds reasonable! Can you apply for acommodation even if you have a conditional offer? I still need to get an English certificate and I think I'll only do it in may/june..
Original post by M.Beeblebrox
Sounds reasonable! Can you apply for acommodation even if you have a conditional offer? I still need to get an English certificate and I think I'll only do it in may/june..

Yeah I think so - deadline is 31st May I think :smile:
Also from what I gather Edinburgh tends to hand out offers to the Scottish applicants first

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh really? I don't know about that - I do the IB in Scotland and no one at my school has heard back from Edinburgh :smile:
Reply 49
Oh really? I don't know about that - I do the IB in Scotland and no one at my school has heard back from Edinburgh :smile:

Ah ok, I'm not totally certain it's just what I've heard :smile: my sister goes to Edinburgh and I remember her saying all her Scottish friends received offers before those from England/Wales etc.
Reply 50
I've got offers from Exeter, Kent, York (for history) and and unconditional from Birmingham, also still waiting on Edinburgh!!- which I loved but I'm not sure if it's too far away, arghhh it's so hard!!
Reply 51
FINALLY heard back from Edinburgh last night! I'm so excited! Anybody else?

Quick Reply

Latest