The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2016!

HI! I was just wondering if there are any anthropology applicants out there and where you might apply, atm I'm not 100% sure if I'm going for straight anthropology or with history :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for Exeter, Bristol, Sussex, Bournemouth and Oxford Brookes and the only one I've heard back from is Brookes with an unconditional 😊 Where have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by nintengods
I've applied for Exeter, Bristol, Sussex, Bournemouth and Oxford Brookes and the only one I've heard back from is Brookes with an unconditional 😊 Where have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't actually applied yet but I think Exeter is my favourite for just anthropology and then Birmingham and Edinburgh for history and anthro and York for just history. Not 100% sure about my 5th maybe Kent or Nottingham :smile:
I'm applying to LSE, UCL, SOAS, Sussex and Manchester.
Reply 4
I've applied for Exeter, Bristol, Sussex, Bournemouth and Oxford Brookes

Original post by smoothER

I've applied to Exeter, Bristol & UCL! Also Durham & Kent. :smile:

Got an offer (AAB) from Exeter yesterday, only sent my application off last Thursday :smile: 🎉
Original post by smoothER

Hi @smoothER

Did you know we have a 2016 SOAS Application Thread? A lot of people are celebrating offers on it, making friends, introducing themselves asking questions and are using some good emojis! :bootyshake:

Make sure you come by, say hello, and join in the conversation. We'd love to hear from you and see what you're up too! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

~Mike
Hi All

My name is Amy and I am a third year archaeology student at Bournemouth Uni (I am also a student ambassador).

I am just posting to wish everyone good luck! If there are any specific questions about BU or archaeology I would love to help! Just let me know (messaging me would be the best way :biggrin:)

Amy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Nintengods

Best of luck getting into BU!

I am a third year archaeology student (and ambassador) at BU, so if you have any questions I would love to help!

Amy
Reply 8
I've applied to Exeter ,Manchester, Durham,UCL and Sussex!

I applied last week and have currently had conditional offers from Exeter (AAB) and Manchester(ABB)!

My preferred choice is Exeter I think, but I'm keeping my mind open about it and waiting to see if I get offers from the other universities. :smile:
Original post by R311
I've applied to Exeter ,Manchester, Durham,UCL and Sussex!

I applied last week and have currently had conditional offers from Exeter (AAB) and Manchester(ABB)!

My preferred choice is Exeter I think, but I'm keeping my mind open about it and waiting to see if I get offers from the other universities. :smile:

CONGRATULATIONS!!
I also applied to Exeter and Manchester and got an offer from Manchester today!
Reply 10
WOOP! Congratulations to you,too! :smile: Where else have you applied? Manchester's social anthropology course looks so good! I went to one of the Open days and really liked the lecturer ! I don't think there's such a thing as a dull anthropologist XD
Original post by R311
WOOP! Congratulations to you,too! :smile: Where else have you applied? Manchester's social anthropology course looks so good! I went to one of the Open days and really liked the lecturer ! I don't think there's such a thing as a dull anthropologist XD

thank you! I didn't go to any open days, good to know they were interesting aha.
I applied for Bristol, Edinburgh and Bournemouth :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by hopetaylor
thank you! I didn't go to any open days, good to know they were interesting aha.
I applied for Bristol, Edinburgh and Bournemouth :smile:

lol I failed with going to Open days XD I was still deciding which course I wanted and once I really went for Anthropology all of the open days were gone really XD Exeter isn't the closest place to get to from where I'm living, either !
I just got an offer from Manchester! Still waiting for the rest.
Quick follow up post! Unconditionals from Oxford Brookes and Bournemouth, and conditionals from Exeter (AAB) and Sussex(ABB/AAB)! Just Bristol to hear from now, so relieved! How is everyone else doing?
Original post by R311
lol I failed with going to Open days XD I was still deciding which course I wanted and once I really went for Anthropology all of the open days were gone really XD Exeter isn't the closest place to get to from where I'm living, either !

literally same i decided on anthropology the day before i sent my ucas off, but i think i made the right decision! where is it you are from btw, if you don't mind me asking
I've applied to Sussex, Exeter, Bristol, Edinburgh and Aberdeen
So far I have offers from Sussex and Aberdeen
Original post by newgirlnow
I've applied to Sussex, Exeter, Bristol, Edinburgh and Aberdeen
So far I have offers from Sussex and Aberdeen

Good luck hearing from the other three! Where's your first choice? (Assuming you get 5/5 offers)
Good luck hearing from the other three! Where's your first choice? (Assuming you get 5/5 offers)

I'm not 100% sure yet I would say it's between Sussex and Exeter
Original post by newgirlnow
I'm not 100% sure yet I would say it's between Sussex and Exeter

I'm struggling to pick between those two as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending