The Student Room Group

Animation and Game design 2016!!

hey I am thinking about studying animation and game design at uni, but i am not sure about my options, any idea?
Reply 1
Maybe you should explain what you mean by options? Do you mean specific techniques / subjects / skills? Or do you mean what courses should you look at?
Original post by moid
Maybe you should explain what you mean by options? Do you mean specific techniques / subjects / skills? Or do you mean what courses should you look at?

I mean courses that I should look at :biggrin:
I want to study 3D computer animation, but also I would like to learn a bit more about game design and VFX :smile:
Reply 3
Look at Teesside Uni :smile: They've got a range of games courses ^_^
Original post by Ximena Roldan
I mean courses that I should look at :biggrin:
I want to study 3D computer animation, but also I would like to learn a bit more about game design and VFX :smile:

Teesside does Computer Animation & VFX, their first year for that and character animation are the same. You can also tag along to game design lectures as they never notice if extras turn up.
Original post by AlphaDog0127
Teesside does Computer Animation & VFX, their first year for that and character animation are the same. You can also tag along to game design lectures as they never notice if extras turn up.

cool :biggrin: thanks! i am going to have a look :biggrin:
hey I am thinking about studying animation and game design at uni, but i am not sure about my options, any idea?

Hi Ximena Roldan!

I currently study animation at Ravensbourne, maybe you'd like to take a look!
Check here!
Here at Ravensbourne we are strongly focused on 3D animation and VFX. I started out as a beginner, not aware of how to animate at all. They begin by easing you into 3D, teaching you the basics in first year on how to model and how to animate,. Then eventually building upon that through year 2 which leads to year 3 where we now have the capable skills to build the assets, they begin to introduce workshops for us to learn how to use unity or unreal engine to create games. I believe this course is a nice balance between weekly lectures and practical workshops.

Hope this helps!
Jay :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Is that an real course? if so sign me right up.
Original post by Segamad66
Is that an real course? if so sign me right up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah! Well it's animation or game design, but it's very similar 😄
I am.applying for
Nottingham Trent : BA animation
Southampton Solent: BA game design art
Lincoln : BA animation
Portsmouth : BSc computer animation
Bournemouth: BA computer visualization and animation

Quick Reply

Latest