The Student Room Group

KCL Postgraduate Applicants/Offer Holders 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cntblue
I would go and call/email kings admission and explain your reason for needing to extend the deadline.

Ok, but my reason is just that I am waiting on other offers to come through. Do you think that is a good enough reason or will I need to invent something better than that.
Original post by cairotiger
Ok, but my reason is just that I am waiting on other offers to come through. Do you think that is a good enough reason or will I need to invent something better than that.

that should be totally fine, that was the case for one of my friends applying to ICL and still waiting for others
Has anyone who has applied in March received a decision yet?
Original post by haiihhaile
Has anyone who has applied in March received a decision yet?

Would also like to know!
Anyone else doing MSc Immunology? Or the King's/Imperial Asthma PhD?
Im applying for mental health
Reply 66
Conditional offer holder for MSc in Organisational Psychology and Psychiatry!
Reply 67
Original post by cairotiger

Hello, congrats on your offer! I wanted to know if you asked them to extend the deadline based on that and if they accepted? I'm waiting for another uni to get back to me too.
Anyone applied for their new Banking and Finance MSc? I received an offer. Would be nice to hear from anyone else also considering it!
Need to submit writing sample but there appears to be no option on the KCL application form that allows me to do that. Am I missing something?
Reply 70
Original post by Teeberry81
Hi everyone,

Had my interview today and got an unconditional offer which I am absolutely thrilled about. Good luck to everyone else x

Hey, congratulations for the offer! I got an interview as well at KCL for MSc Forensic Science, and they said they will be asking technical and scientific questions. What kind of questions did the ask and how much Chemistry/Biology do I need to know? Thank you!
I'm starting in September- MA 19th Century Studies. Anyone else out there doing the same course?
Reply 72
Hi everyone I have received a conditional offer for MSc Human Resource Management and Organisational Analysis course. Anyone else who will be doing the same course? Also I was wondering whether there is a group formed for the 2016 offer holders?
Reply 73
Hey guys! I got a conditional offer from King's for MSc in Biomedical Research, but it's impossible for me to get the conditional 3.3 GPA. I messaged them three times, and they just told me that I can get a refund of the deposit if I don't get the conditional offer (which I won't be able to get). I paid the deposit since they assured me that I'll get a refund if I don't get a 3.3 gpa. I was just wondering if you guys knew how strict they are with the conditional offer? Like if there's space, will they take me, or no?
Original post by elina767
Hey, congratulations for the offer! I got an interview as well at KCL for MSc Forensic Science, and they said they will be asking technical and scientific questions. What kind of questions did the ask and how much Chemistry/Biology do I need to know? Thank you!

Hi Elina,

Sorry I have only just seen your message. The questions weren't very hard at all. The Biology question was to describe the structure of DNA. The Chemistry question was to identify a chemical molecule and discuss it's properties. In my case it was Benzoic acid. The rest of the interview was really quite informal and a general chat about why I wanted to do the course etc. Good luck!
Got a question here. Do you guys think, an interview is a huge determining factor for someone receiving a successful masters offer or is it the final grades that matter more?
As in my case, my grades should be more than required, however, during the interview I felt I did not make a strong presentation of myself (reason being - mentally exhausted from exams).

So again, any idea how much this can affect the decision? Because I see that for some of the courses you guys applied, you didn't even have to do an interview. So perhaps it's not that important?
Reply 76
Original post by Teeberry81
Hi Elina,

Sorry I have only just seen your message. The questions weren't very hard at all. The Biology question was to describe the structure of DNA. The Chemistry question was to identify a chemical molecule and discuss it's properties. In my case it was Benzoic acid. The rest of the interview was really quite informal and a general chat about why I wanted to do the course etc. Good luck!

Hey

No worries, thank you for getting back to me. This is very helpful!
hi guys! I applied to UCL in early April and still haven't heard from them yet. I only applied to UCL ( I know I should've applied to at least 3 unis) and I'm worried I'll end up with no offer from them. So my question is: how long did KCL take to send an offer? Is it too late to apply now?
Reply 78
Hi Sa_ng, congrats on your offer for MSc HR management and OA. How long did you wait for the response from the admissions office? I applied 3 weeks ago and I wonder if it really takes full 6 weeks to hear from them. Many thanks!
I'll be studying Medical Law & Ethics MA in September. I'm so nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending