The Student Room Group

Which is the most important science?

Poll

See title

If you could teach only one of Physics, Chemistry or Biology in schools, which one would you choose and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by llys
If you could teach only one of Physics, Chemistry or Biology in schools, which one would you choose and why?

Physics, because I find it more interesting. No science is more important than another; to implement any of them to our benefit, you need a rough understanding of at least one of the other two.
Depends. If you count Mathematics as a science then I personally think your poll is wrong.
Reply 3
Original post by 16Characters....
Depends. If you count Mathematics as a science then I personally think your poll is wrong.

I don't count it, because I would teach Maths in any case.
Original post by llys
I don't count it, because I would teach Maths in any case.

In that case I'll give my vote to physics :-)
Reply 5
Physics! I love Physics :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Andy98
Physics, because I find it more interesting. No science is more important than another; to implement any of them to our benefit, you need a rough understanding of at least one of the other two.

I think Chemistry is the most fun (at school) but not terribly relevant to real life of most people. There is a case to be made for (Human) Biology, as related to health and disease which is relevant for everyone. But overall, I would go with Physics too, for its conceptual depth, and philosophical and practical applications.
Chemistry is the most imp (even though bio's my fav) if you want to get into medicine and some of the Russell (Sp?) uni's require it
Original post by llys

Biology because it's most easy for me and I would help ppl who are going through what I'm currently doing
Every science is important????? Each science has clearly improved our lives??? Why do we have to debate this???? These threads just make me feel down bc I cant do chemistry or physics but I really wanna be like matthew mcgogharjsjfgahay in interstellar but I cant :frown: :frown:
Physics, despite my deep hatred of the subject, it is much more useful in the real world.
Lol @ humanity student's attempt to divide us STEM students
Reply 12
if i could understand physics i'd teach it

biology teaches us about our bodies, chemistry teaches us about our world and our bodies, physics teaches us about the universe, our world and our bodies

if i could only ever study one science, and i was CAPABLE of studying and teaching it - definitely physics
Having only done Biology and Physics as AS I would say Physics but I do enjoy Biology the most.
Reply 14
Original post by llys
I think Chemistry is the most fun (at school) but not terribly relevant to real life of most people. There is a case to be made for (Human) Biology, as related to health and disease which is relevant for everyone. But overall, I would go with Physics too, for its conceptual depth, and philosophical and practical applications.

Indeed.
Reply 15
Original post by ImagineCats
Every science is important????? Each science has clearly improved our lives??? Why do we have to debate this???? These threads just make me feel down bc I cant do chemistry or physics but I really wanna be like matthew mcgogharjsjfgahay in interstellar but I cant :frown: :frown:

hahaha i love it :tongue:

i agree 100% ugh :frown:

except bio isn't really up there with physics lets be honest it's more on like sociology's level

Spoiler

Physics

wouldn't fancy maths at all though - afaik most pupils seem to think maths is a pointless form of torture & I think trying to overcome that would eventually wear me down.
Reply 17
Original post by ImagineCats

I was wondering if teaching one science in real depth would make more sense than teaching three at a very shallow level. Then I was wondering which one I would choose and why, so I decided to ask TSR. Don't worry, I'm not saying the other two are not important, whichever they are.
All equally important

I'd teach biology and chemistry because I take them at A Level
Original post by z33
hahaha i love it :tongue:

i agree 100% ugh :frown:

except bio isn't really up there with physics lets be honest it's more on like sociology's level

Spoiler

Fully respect other's opinions gal

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest