The Student Room Group

Exam timetable has come through but not happy with it

In the morning I have chemistry for a 180 mins and in the afternoon I have english for 150 mins. I just cant see how I am going to be aple to cope. Thats almost 5 and half hours or something like that and I am going to be probably very tired and fail one of the 2 probably english and not get into uni:frown: :mad:

Scroll to see replies

Tis a shame.
I have four exams timetabled on the same day, and at the same time. I've not yet been able to find the person in charge of the exams to sort this out, but someone said it's a possibility that I might have to stay in a hotel with a teacher. :confused:
Unagi
I have four exams timetabled on the same day, and at the same time. I've not yet been able to find the person in charge of the exams to sort this out, but someone said it's a possibility that I might have to stay in a hotel with a teacher. :confused:

:s-smilie: unlucky. What subjects? What happens depends how long the exams are. I can't rememeber the rule but its something like max 6 hrs of exams in one day. I know some people who had a clash of three exams last year. Apparently people used to stay with teachers, but its changed now. The people I know could stay at home with their parents, but they weren't allowed to contact anyone, go out, use the phone, computer etc. Them and their parents had to sign something to agree.

Its so dumb how hard can it be to spread the exams out a bit more. Hope you get it sorted out and don't have to stay overnight!

I've got two exams at the same time, but they're gonna move one to the morning. Still not too happy though lol.
All my exams are in one week and each day they all seem to start at 9am. Apparently you just do all 3 in one go. 9-10, 10-11, 11-12, with no breaks inbetween. I'm guna end up very sleepy and very confused!
Unagi

Yeah last year happened to me when a couple of exams clashed, i had to sit in isolation for a couple of hours, of which i could revise, was quite annoying, but going to a hotel? thats extreme, i would have thought any old empty room would do.
Reply 6
lol can anyone give me advice.
I don't think there's anything you can do I'm afraid. Exam timetables suck :frown:
Unfortunately there's nothing you can do except revise well in advance and get a good night's sleep beforehand.
Unagi

It depends how long your exams are in total. If it's 6 hours or more, you have to either stay with a teacher overnight or you and your parents sign something to say you won't use the phone or the Internet to talk to anyone who's already done the exam. If it's less than that, you'll probably just do 2 in the morning, have a supervised break and then do 2 in the afternoon.
Reply 10
At my school almost a whole class had clashes in exams (I wasn't in this class), and they did have to stay at their teacher's house for the night, with 2 teachers for safety reasons or whatever...must be weird...
Take a bottle of water and some sweets/snacks into the exam room if you're allowed to. Maybe write on alternate lines so it's easier to read when your hand gets tired. Get a decent pen so that you're as comfy as possible
kellywood_5
It depends how long your exams are in total. If it's 6 hours or more, you have to either stay with a teacher overnight or you and your parents sign something to say you won't use the phone or the Internet to talk to anyone who's already done the exam. If it's less than that, you'll probably just do 2 in the morning, have a supervised break and then do 2 in the afternoon.

The exams are:

1. Film Studies FS2 (WJEC Exam Board) 90 minutes.
2. Film Studies FS3 (WJEC Exam Board) 90 minutes.
3. Psychology A Unit 1 (AQA) 60 minutes.
4. Psychology A Unit 2 (AQA) 60 minutes.

I think it's ridiculous even just having two of the same subject on one day never mind the same thing twice FFS.

- also, if the hotel thing was suggested my mum has already said she isn't going to allow it. And how would the exam board know if you had been on the Internet or not if you sign the agreement thing?
Reply 13
Well, I guess they wouldn't know, but at the same time...why cheat?
If they request you don't go online or on the phone, don't do it, it's one night, and afterwards you don't need to feel worried that you broke any rules, and you'll know you've not cheated so your results are your own.
You can't change the timetable, but you will have to accept the rules laid down to you, that's your contract for getting those qualifications.
cpj1987
Well, I guess they wouldn't know, but at the same time...why cheat?
If they request you don't go online or on the phone, don't do it, it's one night, and afterwards you don't need to feel worried that you broke any rules, and you'll know you've not cheated so your results are your own.
You can't change the timetable, but you will have to accept the rules laid down to you, that's your contract for getting those qualifications.

I wouldn't cheat, I am just curious as to how they would find out if someone did. There are possibilites of changing the timetable as AQA say something about discussing the time table before whatever date it was during April.
i feel everybody's pain
my timetable is not the best either, as soon as i return back to school for half term, WHAM, i have 3 modules for biology, then 3 modules of chem in the afternoon ~ its lyk that for the rest of the week >< oooh dear!
Reply 16
Exam timetables do suck. I also have 5 and a half hours of exams on one day.... My birthday. Fun. Made so much better by the fact I have an exam at 9am the next morning. I LOVE exams.
Unagi
The exams are:

1. Film Studies FS2 (WJEC Exam Board) 90 minutes.
2. Film Studies FS3 (WJEC Exam Board) 90 minutes.
3. Psychology A Unit 1 (AQA) 60 minutes.
4. Psychology A Unit 2 (AQA) 60 minutes.

I think it's ridiculous even just having two of the same subject on one day never mind the same thing twice FFS.

- also, if the hotel thing was suggested my mum has already said she isn't going to allow it. And how would the exam board know if you had been on the Internet or not if you sign the agreement thing?

Only 5 hours in total, so you escape overnight isolation, but you'll have to do them all in one day; one subject in the morning, then a supervised lunch break, then the other subject in the afternoon. Most subjects have at least 2 exams on the same day at AS and some have all 3 (I had 2 back to back for 3 of my 4 AS subjects) but they're more spread out at A2. I don't see how the exam board would know if you'd contacted anyone by phone or email, so I guess they just rely on people being honest enough not to cheat...
I've thankfully escaped the worst of the exam clashes, although sadly I've got 4 hrs 30 mins on one day in summer.

Some prat decided that Physics and Maths should be on the same day - what? Almost everyone who takes physics also takes maths!

Thus from 9am - 10.30am I'm doing FFE, 10.30am until 12.00am UCP.

Then 1.20pm until 2.50pm Core 4.

That gives me an hour and 20 to get lunch and do some last minute revision - not good. Plus it *will* be less than this, as I always arrive late to school thanks to the bus service being rubbish, and it takes the invigilators an age to change over your papers halfway through... so I'll probably have an hour of rest all in all.
Reply 19
Geography and Maths on the same day for me :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending