The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Switching between Durham City courses is very easy - but I doubt you'll easily (if at all) be able to switch from Stockton to Durham... after all that wouldn't just be a change of course, it would also mean a change of college, accommodation etc... you may have to reapply. I don't know any of this for sure, I'm just guessing...
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
i tiried to like a month ago, they said my grade wasn good enough and my commitment to economics was poor. but my grade was sutiable, i do IB and predicted 34/35 and standard offers are 33~36. Im not sure, so good luck with that. Im going to leeds coz i don like this fighting between queen's campus and durham city.

good luck
There isnt really any fighting between Durham and Queens Campus. The majority at either campus don't really give a stuff about what the other thinks. If you base your decision on a load of bored people who have nothing better to do than bicker on an internet forum because of their own snobbery/insecurities, then you probably should go to Leeds. Shame, because i think Durham is probably better than Leeds in the area of business, but nevermind, your loss.
Reply 4
ahmm really? go check all the league tabels, it says leeds is better than durham in business :smile:
Reply 5
if you are a stuanch follower of league tables you will never benefit fully from university. i went to the durham open day and it was very good. Though i was at durham city i dont think queens could be that much worse. on the plus side durham's business school is rated 6th in the UK(Much higher than leeds) and its also higher on the financial times top 100 business schools that leeds is. go to durham.
Reply 6
u see if i had chosen my university by rankings, durham is proably the one i should go. my course is accoungting and finance. in 2007 times university league leeds is 9th and durham is 13th. (the one on the internet is last year's) but durham's overall ranking is higher than leeds. but strangely times higher education balh blah blah ranks leeds higher than durham and so guardian does. i don't know where u've looked at but when i cheked business school ranking last time on economist and finacial times. Leeds was better in both website.

ofcourse ranking isn everything to chose university. i was thinking of where to go for moths, i got offers in jan and decider in march. the impression leeds gave me made me to chose there. coz durham even didn send me any brochure about course gor god's sake! unlike leeds many information about leeds and course then life at leeds as an international student.

and btw, i really don care about business school ranking as that is for postgraduate.

cheers
Reply 7
i think the guardian rating is rubbish, durham just came top for english on another newspaper rating, but on the guardian one its waaaay down towards 20th, behind places like birmingham which are accepting people through clearing...somethings gota be wrong with a ranking which is so biased xxxxxx
Reply 8
Yeah, don't pay attention to newspaper rankings...I don't think they are very reliable at all! :s-smilie: I suppose they roughly show a pattern as to which unis are near the top of the league table and those that are near the bottom (ex-polys :rolleyes: ) but they all vary!
i'd say look at them both and go with your gut instinct.

I didnt look at uni's thoroughly enough (though i guess many people say the same in hindsight) and wish i'd gone elsewhere.

so id urge you to look at uni's as much as possible, even visiting the uni towns/campuses at different times of the day, as places can go from being nice and vibrant in the daytime, to awful on a nightime and vice-versa.

Leeds has a good reputation, particularlry for Accounting i beleive. And Leeds itself is one of the main centres of business in the country, many internships/graduate programmes are located there.
Reply 10
Winnipeg
Yeah, don't pay attention to newspaper rankings...I don't think they are very reliable at all! :s-smilie: I suppose they roughly show a pattern as to which unis are near the top of the league table and those that are near the bottom (ex-polys :rolleyes: ) but they all vary!

Why did I get neg repped for this?!! :mad: It's the truth!
Reply 11
Some people can't handle the truth.
Reply 12
Becca
Some people can't handle the truth.

Thanks Becca, I'm glad someone else agrees with me :smile:

Latest