The Student Room Group
Some jobs in international development/development/Ngo's(some not all) depends but there are numerous graduate employers who want specific knowledge of economics/politics/development type issues. Oh and being a political scientist(academia most obvious)
Reply 2
Journalism, advocacy work, development work, research/thinktank work, legislative/governmental work
Reply 3
Well, I ended up at the UN, then shifted over to an NGO. Was looking heavily at defense/security related contracting, but my past background makes getting clearance very difficult (that's something you should definitely keep in mind if you're interested in that area).

My friends ended up at a variety of places. Several work for Reps/Senators, two went to Ph.D.s (and I'll hopefully be joining them soon), many went to law school. A handful went on to economic consulting gigs, one went to business school. And naturally, there are those in the foreign service.

Really, though, perhaps more important than your degree or major is how you sell yourself. I think the beauty of these degrees (and perhaps most) is the flexibility they offer you, particularly if you emphasize the skills that you've picked up.
I'm going into the private sector, working in global financial markets.

Latest

Trending

Trending