The Student Room Group

Oxford Brookes University Architecture 2016

I got an interview request the other day from Oxford Brookes for the Architecture Course. Does anyone else have an interview on the 11th of November in the afternoon??
Plus has anyone actually been to an open day? If you have what did you think of it (as I am not able to get time off work)?
Reply 1
Hi! How was your interview?
My interview for the architecture course in Oxford Brookes is tomorrow and I'm seriously nervous! I've been looking at the other posts but the ones with replies are pretty old threads. May I ask how the interview goes? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by mpdtc
Hi! How was your interview?
My interview for the architecture course in Oxford Brookes is tomorrow and I'm seriously nervous! I've been looking at the other posts but the ones with replies are pretty old threads. May I ask how the interview goes? :smile:

Hi there,I realise yourinterview was a while ago, but mine is in the final batch next week, and I hada quick question if you could help me out.I have beentold to bring artwork, but don't have any other portfolio work other than whatI submitted online, and as the email stated it isn't compulsory, I waswondering if, without any new artwork to show them, would the interview be ofany use? If you couldget back to me I'd be so grateful, just to know if the interview is more of achat getting to know you, or a serious look at your work - which might be a bittoo daunting! Thanks toanyone else who can give me some insight too!
Reply 3
Original post by okkkthen
I got an interview request the other day from Oxford Brookes for the Architecture Course. Does anyone else have an interview on the 11th of November in the afternoon??
Plus has anyone actually been to an open day? If you have what did you think of it (as I am not able to get time off work)?

Hi there,I realise your interview was a while ago, but mine is in the final batch next week, and I had a quick question if you could help me out.I have been told to bring artwork, but don't have any other portfolio work other than what I submitted online, and as the email stated it isn't compulsory, I was wondering if, without any new artwork to show them, would the interview be of any use? If you could get back to me I'd be so grateful, just to know if the interview is more of a chat getting to know you, or a serious look at your work - which might be a bit too daunting!Thanks to anyone else who can give me some insight too!
Reply 4
Original post by zoexvx
Hi there,I realise your interview was a while ago, but mine is in the final batch next week, and I had a quick question if you could help me out.I have been told to bring artwork, but don't have any other portfolio work other than what I submitted online, and as the email stated it isn't compulsory, I was wondering if, without any new artwork to show them, would the interview be of any use? If you could get back to me I'd be so grateful, just to know if the interview is more of a chat getting to know you, or a serious look at your work - which might be a bit too daunting!Thanks to anyone else who can give me some insight too!

Hey, you are lucky I logged on after months of being offline haha. I only had to portfolio i submitted online which was only A4 when everyone else brought loads of work and one person even brought a suitcase. In the interview they mostly just want you to describe your portfolio page by page so really try to involve creativity there. My interview lasted around 15 minutes and other where from 15 to 30 minutes but the interviewers are nice and friendly.
I only had that small A4 portfolio and think I messed up the interview as I was so nervous but I still got an offer so dont be scared.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending