The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
They usually live in Jubilee or Raleigh Park, is what I've heard. One of my friends is Indian and almost all her friends are Indian. I've met a few other indians here and there myself. So no, they're not that rare! :biggrin: Don't worry. Why don't you join the Hindu Soc or something? You'll meet more Indians that way perhaps :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh, there are plenty of them around. But uni's not a bad time to get to know people from other backgrounds and nationalities, either! Don't assume all your friends are going to be from the same background as you - I know the friends I made this year certainly weren't!
Reply 3
I'm asian - gonna be on the pharmacy course in september (hopefully) Just want to say that i go to a sixth form in birmingham which has about a 50:50 asian/black to white ratio and nearly all my close friends are white. I think white people understand me better and i feel more comfortable around them, but im always open to making friends with anyone.
theres too many of us. :frown:
Reply 5
Lol i agree!
Reply 6
Multiplexed
theres too many of us. :frown:

i hope not! :eek: im an asian myself and i cant stand typical asians around me!they piss me of lol! no offence:colondollar: so i really hope theres not that many at jubilee!i did'nt really see any so hoping for the best:biggrin:
Tinkerbell123
i hope not! :eek: im an asian myself and i cant stand typical asians around me!they piss me of lol! no offence:colondollar: so i really hope theres not that many at jubilee!i did'nt really see any so hoping for the best:biggrin:

sorry to disappoint bt there will be ALOL on jubilee halls/course and even more int students! Know ppl who were there last yr and they liked the conivenience but said hall atmosphere was crap and food terrible. Are u a first yr if so may wana stay in halls, but if want self catered somewhere like Riverside would be much better.
Reply 8
john williams
sorry to disappoint bt there will be ALOL on jubilee halls/course and even more int students! Know ppl who were there last yr and they liked the conivenience but said hall atmosphere was crap and food terrible. Are u a first yr if so may wana stay in halls, but if want self catered somewhere like Riverside would be much better.

damn really? that sucks:frown: hmm i liked the food when i went there hehe:colondollar: i know it was just lunch lmao but hopefully il like it when i move there otherwise im screwed lol! yea im first year and i dont know NOTHING about cooking! so im better of in catered untill i learn how to cook :p:
Reply 9
there are plenty around! mostly see them at jubilee, cos my lectures are at jubilee and i live on up. There are quite a few in my hall though, and i find it a bit annoying how they have all grouped together. I know they're all from the same background etc and understand each others cultures etc, but i'd rather they gave other ppl a chance to get to know them and let us integrate with them more. I guess it's easier said than done though and they may find it difficult to mix with us.

EDIT: having said that, there are ppl in my hall from the same school/sixth form who wont seem to tend to mix with anyone else! so i guess it's not really a culture/background/race thing.
lolol! i know wht u mean! they have their own little group and u see them everywhere! tho i aint gna lie, most my friends are asians lmao but i dont mind being friends with other people. and i just CANNOT stand them asians girls that think their bad and are all over the guys lol their extremely sad!
Reply 11
well, i'm asian (indian) and i'm hoping to come to Nottingham to do Pharmacy so yea :biggrin: I want to stay in halls too. & i agree with some of you about the typical asians; my 6th form is full of them.

Latest

Trending

Trending