The Student Room Group

Very important ICT question

Hi basically i am doing GCSE EDEXCEL long course ICT and i need to know if i'm on track for an A for my coursework.

basically the coursework is worth 60% of the final grade and the exam is worth 40%. so from my marks can anyone tell me if getting an A is possible overall and what would i need to score in the exam?

Microsoft publisher: 31 out of 40
Microsoft access: 30 out of 40
Microsoft powerpoint: 34 out of 40
Microsoft excel: 31 out of 40

plus add any experiences you've had and what would be a realistic amount of marks you would need on the coursework to get an A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply 1
anyone?...rep available!
Reply 2
I make it you're on 126 out of 160, which is nearly 79%, which should be enough for an A - although the precise point where it switches to an A can vary, and of course the exam board may not agree with your teacher's marking.

I think that normally A grades kick in about 70% at GCSE, so you'd need

0.6 x 79% + 0.4 x exam mark > 70 (roughly)

which means you'd need about 57% on the theory paper

there's a lot of "roughly" bits in there though! Personally I'd just do your best in the exam and make as certain as possible! :biggrin:
Reply 3
thanks very much. erm the boundary for an A overall for the whole GCSE is 64% so what do i need to get in the exam?
Reply 4
If you are on track for an A ? Surely you can do basic maths?
Reply 5
56.5%
Reply 6
gnpatterson
If you are on track for an A ? Surely you can do basic maths?

laziness is a factor. :biggrin:
Reply 7
i just had another thought. why is it so low for an A = 56.5%. is it because i have already got a lot of marks?

also, the exam must me quite challenging then?
Reply 8
not seen the edexcel one, we do AQA. I'm quite surprised at the A boundary being at 64% though - what you need is low because the coursework counts for more and you're way above the A boundary if it's 64%
Reply 9
i get 84% and my ******* teacher put me a B that was amazing and they don't change, it was the last year, so image the boundaries were scale up.

I'm my class all the people achive the same grade as in the cousework get in mind.
90jlgp
i get 84% and my ******* teacher put me a B that was amazing and they don't change, it was the last year, so image the boundaries were scale up.

I'm my class all the people achive the same grade as in the cousework get in mind.

sorry but what did he mean here?

Latest

Trending

Trending