The Student Room Group

I Hate my Business Teacher and Lessons AS

I started A levels late about 4 weeks late but i caught up with all my work and im doing great in two of my lessons and im ahead of the class for Computing Coursework
During the start of A levels i chose to do 3 AS's Maths, Computing and Business. Now im loving maths and computing and also doing great in them whereas in Business all my teacher does is degrades me because i could not attend her workshop. All she says to me is that im going to be taken off the course because its 'impossible' for me to catch up. ?Then the other day she calls and tells me that im a liar and that im going to be taken off her business course. how can she say its impossible for me to catch up when i have already caught up in much harder subjects? At the moment i want to be taken out of her class now, because i feel i wont do well with a teacher like that. What can i do?
Also if i were to Change business, idk if i can im being told its too late what subject should i pick?
Reply 2
Business Studies A level is a very easy course to take, You should just tell that teacher off or just report her/him. A teacher should not tell their student what they told you etc. I took A level business and i studied for it on the day of the exams and got 75 percent in A level total. I also take A level Maths, English and Computing. I think you will do perfectly fine, even very well in business studies if you do well in Computing since Computing involves a lot of direct learning with application, and Business studies is basically direct learning then make stuff up in the exam that relates to business terms then you do well automatically. In conclusion I think You should just report the teacher and self study business anyways if he/she wont have you in her /his class, then take the exam.
Original post by korrasami
Business Studies A level is a very easy course to take, You should just tell that teacher off or just report her/him. A teacher should not tell their student what they told you etc. I took A level business and i studied for it on the day of the exams and got 75 percent in A level total. I also take A level Maths, English and Computing. I think you will do perfectly fine, even very well in business studies if you do well in Computing since Computing involves a lot of direct learning with application, and Business studies is basically direct learning then make stuff up in the exam that relates to business terms then you do well automatically. In conclusion I think You should just report the teacher and self study business anyways if he/she wont have you in her /his class, then take the exam.

yes that what I was thinking doing. Like I said I started sixth form late however I understand every single concept of what I have learnt in business however she still says I'm not going to be able to do it. I know I can self teach business because it's pretty simple especially if Im doing great in both Stats and Computing.
When she called me up, she told me to expect to be taken off the course. How can I report this since I don't really know who to go to?
Thanks for your help
Reply 4
You can report it to the Head of A level at your school or you can report it to the principle. In Letter or in person it doesn't matter. You basically explain the entire situation and if they still aren't convinced tell them it's not their choice either way, and not their subject or grade that they are doing, so they should let you do and write business anyways because you are writing it not them and so they should not compare what they could do, to what you can do (which basically means they should back off and let you do the subject). Hope this helps!
Original post by korrasami
You can report it to the Head of A level at your school or you can report it to the principle. In Letter or in person it doesn't matter. You basically explain the entire situation and if they still aren't convinced tell them it's not their choice either way, and not their subject or grade that they are doing, so they should let you do and write business anyways because you are writing it not them and so they should not compare what they could do, to what you can do (which basically means they should back off and let you do the subject). Hope this helps!

Yes thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest