The Student Room Group

Printer for university

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Student403
Yeah fair enough :3

Are you looking to purchase soon or nearer the end of the academic year?

I havent thought about that, probably somewhere around march/april so im not looking too close and theyre all sold, although im not sure how many people buy printers
What about you?
Original post by BekahMay
I havent thought about that, probably somewhere around march/april so im not looking too close and theyre all sold, although im not sure how many people buy printers
What about you?

I'm not too sure where I'll be heading to uni (either the UK or USA) and I don't live in either of those places. So most likely wherever it is I'll just end up ordering one when I get there. :smile:
Reply 22
I'm not too sure where I'll be heading to uni (either the UK or USA) and I don't live in either of those places. So most likely wherever it is I'll just end up ordering one when I get there. :smile:

Ohh i just assumed you were in the UK, where is it you live then?

A lil peninsula in the Middle East =)
A lil peninsula in the Middle East =)

Hey guysI was just snooping down the thread ( as you do : D ) ...
Have you considered laser printers ? They can be expensive and also the cartridges but they last much longer and are more efficient if were talking about printing just black and white :smile:
Like one laser cartridge lasts me good month and a half - printing around average 20 pages a week
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 25
A home printer is an ink consuming device. Inkjet ink is more expensive (per millilitre) than champagne.

Your uni will have printers that you can use.
Hi, I was wondering if anybody had recommendations for printers to take to university, I have been looking around and they all seem ridiculously expensive (either themselves or ink cartridges) or have bad reviews
I know that I could use a university one when I go but from my experience at college with not nearly the workload (I'm assuming) I already know how expensive that can get, and frustrating when there is a queue or it is broken

I was looking at Epson ones but after research I've noticed that printers from Epson seem to have a lot of bad reviews

Also I don't want a printer with that automatic ink buying capability which most of the ones I have seen seem to have since they are also reported to be big money wasters

Thanks, sorry for the long post :smile:

(sorry if this is in the wrong bit)

I found a printer to be a life saver when had in week rolled round I had like five essays to hand in in a week the night before it ended I had to get an essay in before midnight all the printers in the entire uni (at least he rooms I could get in to) were taken up (well it was hand in week) luckily I had a printer in my room I emailed my self my assignment and walked back to my room 15 mins printed it it was 20 to midnight by now and it was a long assignment 5 mins later I was out the door I got to the hand in office and put it through the little letterbox they had on the stroke of midnight. if I hadn't had the printer it would have been late and I would have lost 10% of the marks as it was only a pass (HND 40%) essay I was quite glad i did it on time.
If i spent £80 i think id start wanting it to be writing my essays for me, nevermind printing them :smile:

you won't get one with a scanner for less than £80
You can get canon all in ones for the £50 mark, although you can at a push get 200 sheets out of one black cartridge but as my unis printing is 6 pence a sheet now it's not too bad as we share the printer
Reply 29
Original post by jonathanemptage
you won't get one with a scanner for less than £80

Really? Ive seen a bunch of the 3 in 1's for less than 80
Really? Ive seen a bunch of the 3 in 1's for less than 80

Really wow at my work the printer (just printer) cost about £1400 to be fair though this is is a big industrial printer still only prints A4 but what can you do.
depends on your course but in my opinion unless you are printing off hundreds of sheets then uni priting us usually good value

Quick Reply

Latest