The Student Room Group

Help!! My class is learning nothing of Wuthering Heights from our teacher

Our English Literature teacher isn't doing the finest job teaching us as a class and a lot of us are struggling. We have tried telling her that we just don't understand but she is taking none of it into consideration and we are worried as this is our final year. If anyone has some advice, revision notes or anything that can help I would be very grateful

Conal
Reply 1
Are you studying Wuthering Heights in order to do a comparative essay? What my task will be come exam time is a comparative essay between Wuthering Heights and Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf.

Also, I think the most important thing is to know the book really well so keep reading maybe three times over should be enough. Then you should read criticism, there are a lot and many you can find for free online. There are really a world of information online, I think the hardest bit will be to sift through what is relevant. Best of luck!
Original post by ConalTyler
Our English Literature teacher isn't doing the finest job teaching us as a class and a lot of us are struggling. We have tried telling her that we just don't understand but she is taking none of it into consideration and we are worried as this is our final year. If anyone has some advice, revision notes or anything that can help I would be very grateful

Conal

Sounds like you're having a tough time. We do have loads of English Lit resources here on TSR that might help. Try http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/resources?q=&level_id%5B%5D=alevel&level_id%5B%5D=as&level_id%5B%5D=a2&subject%5B%5D=english&subject_id%5B%5D=language&subject_id%5B%5D=classics&subject_id%5B%5D=english_language_and_literature&subject_id%5B%5D=english_language&subject_id%5B%5D=english_literature&subject_id%5B%5D=english&kind=

Quick Reply

Latest