The Student Room Group

Questions regarding application + personal statement / help appreciated

Hello !!

I finished my A2 exams this year and received my results in August / have now left college and I'm taking a year out before going to Uni (hopefully!) next September. The staff members at my college who I was told would help me with the application process once I left have decided to ignore all my emails over the past couple of weeks for some reason so I seemingly can't go in to talk to them anymore so I'll ask you guys instead !!

1. I want to apply for BA Asia Pacific Studies at Leeds but they're the only University offering this degree without compulsory language study meaning it's the only one I can apply to. The same University offers dual honours that I'm also interested in such as BA Asia Pacific Studies and International Relations. I feel like I should be accepted anyway because I received AAA and they only want ABB, but am I allowed to apply to both courses at the same Uni to boost my chances of getting in just in case?

2. I applied for History last year and received all 5 offers but ended up withdrawing. I have a new personal statement but there's two really good paragraphs in my previously submitted one that are still relevant to my new course, am I allowed to re use them in my new PS? I can't remember my old UCAS account details so I'd have to make a new one but my 'profile' will be the same (same person/college/references etc). Will it still flag up my personal statement as being copied and deny it or am I safe to re use them?

Thanks !!
(edited 8 years ago)
RichardPG,

You can apply to multiple courses at the same university however it is not likely to increase your chances of getting accepted. For your second question, UCAS will recognise that you are the same person applying and so you are welcome to use parts of your old personal statement without it getting flagged.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest