The Student Room Group

Rape culture in India?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nucdev
Aah fair enough.

I respect all religions and races. I have defended people on this forum who are mostly muslim despite being a non muslim and I was slammed for doing so. Look through my posts. You will get the complete picture.

Original post by cupcakes87
What is going on?? :/

oh hi there cupcakes. we're just discussing about the unusually high number of rapes in India? in each of the last few years alone there were some 30,000 rapes in India per annum. if you have any opinions on this matter please do share them with us.
Reply 41
Original post by ~Seraphina~
hi slade. thank you for your nice post. it has so many stats. wonderful. although I must add that this thread is focused on India and why the number of rapes there are so high which is like 30,000 for each of the last few years. Once we're done with India and depending on the appetite of other forum members a decision will then be taken whether to create a new thread on rapes committed in UK or US. But for now as i've told other members on this thread could you please stick to just India and the high number of rapes committed there? thanks.

30,000 is not really high for a country with 1.2 billion people. Your really stupid and don't even know it. Can you work out how much 30,000 is as a percentage of 600 million women? or are you too stupid to even do that.

On top of the 85,000 rapes every year in UK, there is also 22,000 sexual assaults against under 18's. In u.s 80,000 children are sexually assaulted each year.

why such a strong rape and sexual assaults culture in the u.s and u.k? Is that partly why there are so many feminists there?
Reply 42
Original post by slade p
30,000 is not really high for a country with 1.2 billion people. Your really stupid and don't even know it. Can you work out how much 30,000 is as a percentage of 600 million women? or are you too stupid to even do that.

On top of the 85,000 rapes every year in UK, there is also 22,000 sexual assaults against under 18's. In u.s 80,000 children are sexually assaulted each year.

why such a strong rape and sexual assaults culture in the u.s and u.k? Is that partly why there are so many feminists there?

Jawaab mat de unko. Pehle se hi pata chal gaya tha ke woh thodi bewakoof hai isliye maine zyaada bhaav nahi diya unko.

(I really hope you know Hindi lol!)
Original post by nucdev
Jawaab mat de unko. Pehle se hi pata chal gaya tha ke woh thodi bewakoof hai isliye maine zyaada bhaav nahi diya unko.

(I really hope you know Hindi lol!)

Prsom
I respect all religions and races. I have defended people on this forum who are mostly muslim despite being a non muslim and I was slammed for doing so. Look through my posts. You will get the complete picture.

oh hi there cupcakes. we're just discussing about the unusually high number of rapes in India? in each of the last few years alone there were some 30,000 rapes in India per annum. if you have any opinions on this matter please do share them with us.

Original post by slade p

Remember that whatever figures you look at are only a tiny fraction of the real number, because India is still mainly a undeveloped country, and many crimes go unreported or are ignored.
Reply 45
Honestly India can tackle Rape by introducing Strict laws against them like death penalties and in act that so that no horny idiot would dare look at a women let alone rape xD honestly thats what i would do haha

I would publicly stone a Paedophile
Public hanging of Rapist

^^^^^^
Problem solved
Reply 46
Troll spotted. Don't feed it.
It goes down to real patriarchal and rape culture, I guess.
Original post by jedanselemyia
It goes down to real patriarchal and rape culture, I guess.

Hi Jedan. how have you been? so nice to see you again. what do you mean by real patriarchal and rape culture? I did not study sociology if you must know. could you please share with me?

Original post by Hurbad
Honestly India can tackle Rape by introducing Strict laws against them like death penalties and in act that so that no horny idiot would dare look at a women let alone rape xD honestly thats what i would do haha
Public hanging of Rapist
^^^^^^
Problem solved

Hi Hurbad. I was thinking stoning and hanging would be too extreme? What about chemical castration?

I was on youtube watching videos of the 30,000 rapes that were committed in each of the past 3 years. This documentary was really an eye opener. You have to see it to believe it. Please ignore the nasty Youtube comments. They are very mean and nasty.

[video="youtube;bA-n4FyIYA8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA-n4FyIYA8[/video]
Hi Jedan. how have you been? so nice to see you again. what do you mean by real patriarchal and rape culture? I did not study sociology if you must know. could you please share with me?

Hey! Good, thanks x
Well India is known for having for a disproportionate abortion rate of female foetuses, acid attacks on women etc which all in all constitutes a harsh patriarchal society (compared to what white feminists here like to call "patriarchy") and the number of rapes per year you cited (plus all of those that go untold) and the whole "eve teasing" culture as well.
Reply 50
Original post by Raymat
Bollywood is a very bad influence.

how so?
Original post by jedanselemyia
Hey! Good, thanks x
Well India is known for having for a disproportionate abortion rate of female foetuses, acid attacks on women etc which all in all constitutes a harsh patriarchal society (compared to what white feminists here like to call "patriarchy":wink: and the number of rapes per year you cited (plus all of those that go untold) and the whole "eve teasing" culture as well.

this is really an interesting perspective that you have. what shaped your thoughts? was it what you studied in sociology? or just your personal opinions? does the study of sociology cover rapes and why rapes occur?
Original post by MAINE.
how so?

Do you seriously need to ask that?
Reply 53
Original post by Raymat
Do you seriously need to ask that?

yes, because I dont know anything about bollywood, especially in the context of how it apparently influences men to rape women.
Original post by MAINE.
yes, because I dont know anything about bollywood, especially in the context of how it apparently influences men to rape women.

Do your research then.
Reply 55
Original post by Raymat
Do your research then.

Or in other words, you made a statement and dont actually have any real evidence to back up your argument, and are calling me out on my ignorance because dont want to be exposed as a fool yourself.
So you're saying that 30,000 rapes committed in a population of 1.2 billion in India is acceptable? I have already mentioned to your peers and you that this thread is focused on India and the unusually high number of rapes year after year which is 30,000 per annum. If there is appetite from other forum members to discuss about UK and US number of rapes then I will create another thread. But till then can we just focus on India and her unusually high number of rapes. This was why this thread was created in the first place. Thanks.

What is a usually high number of rapes?
Original post by MAINE.
Or in other words, you made a statement and dont actually have any real evidence to back up your argument, and are calling me out on my ignorance because dont want to be exposed as a fool yourself.

Wow calm down, no need to go ballistic. Ever heard of Google?
Reply 58
Original post by Hurbad

Public hanging of Rapist

^^^^^^
Problem solved

Well, with dowry death cases and harassment of a wife by husband/husband's family it didn't work :frown:
Never heard of law 498A?
Reply 59
Original post by JeremyOU
Remember that whatever figures you look at are only a tiny fraction of the real number, because India is still mainly a undeveloped country, and many crimes go unreported or are ignored.

Only 10% of UK rape is reported according to the police, all countries are unreported by a lot. But even the official UK rape rate is really high.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending