The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
2 be honest i had no idea what to expect at vet school!! i think i was so caught up in trying to get in...cos i wanted to be a vet that i didnt even think about the course....the only thing i think was how different it was too all the other courses my friends are doing!!! and the fact the RVC just does vet stuff...how diff the whole uni is!!!
Reply 2
i think it will be exciting, mundane, exhausting, exhilarating, teadeous and many other things all at the same time.
i know its going to be hard work, unlike any other course, and at some point ill wish that id wanted to be sumthing else, but at the end of the day it is what i want and it will be worth it!
i think they have to make it hard, lives will be in our hands when we qualify and so we need to be pushed to breaking point so we can learn to handle the stress of the career.
Reply 3
All of the above, its only what you dreamed it would be when you're two weeks of graduating!! x
Whats been the best year out of the 5?
Reply 5
Just a quick piece of advice for next years vets:
Do not, under any circumstances, visit the following websites; Facebook.com; Myspace.com; Alluc.org. They are the scourge of revision and hard work, and they will consume all your free time!! If any of you have frequented these demon-sites already then you have my sympathy!!
Reply 6
I have accounts on all of them already gutted, they've prevented countless hours of work so far :rolleyes:
Reply 7
Lol luckily I didn't discover it until first term, otherwise I'd never have got in!
Reply 8
Botticello
Whats been the best year out of the 5?

1st/5th
it sounds quite good learning the limbs and anatomy and stuff...
what about the worst?
Reply 10
Botticello
it sounds quite good learning the limbs and anatomy and stuff...
what about the worst?

erm limbs and anatomy.....! I failed the exam lol!

Crappy bits are some of the out of hours, although this is also fabulous, learning pointless biochem etc in first year, not having enough time to revise, depressing oncology, bits and bobs, generally love it tho!!
i imagine there wld be some bits when you think 'why am i doing this?' i feel like that when i am on cold dark lambing checks but then i get there and i am reminded that i wouldn't ever want to do anything else.
Reply 12
sometimes i wish i wanted to be something else..... 'i wish id wanted to be a postal worker, im reliable, im dependable' (quote from greys anatomy when theyre tlkin bout why the hell they wanted to go into surgery)

i can relate to that, its down right hard work, and yes it wud be much easier if id wanted to be sumthing else. but i dont! this is what i want to be, and ill do whatever it takes.

so yeah vet school will be great, but itll be a hell of alotta work, but itll be worth it :smile: cant wait!
Oren
Just a quick piece of advice for next years vets:
Do not, under any circumstances, visit the following websites; Facebook.com; Myspace.com; Alluc.org. They are the scourge of revision and hard work, and they will consume all your free time!! If any of you have frequented these demon-sites already then you have my sympathy!!

Ah the art of procrastination! :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 14
Yeh me too, it was like getting in would get me a veterinary degree, whereas now it's harder than it was to get in and it gets harder every year.argh! if only I could stop procrastinating!! do other unis have an animal husbandry exam in a few weeks, or this year even?
Oren
do other unis have an animal husbandry exam in a few weeks, or this year even?

haha that's a nice surprise isn't it Tom! grrr i couldn't believe it when I saw the email!
xx
Reply 16
www.facebook.com <---- if you want to be a vet visit this website and frequent it as much as possible, it's the best :wink:
Reply 17
:eek: the devils advocate! On a side note, you're on facebook I take it? Are you a current vet student?
Yes Nottingham have Animal health and welfare practicals and theory exams in June....eeek
Reply 19
I'm quite pleased that Gary England was saying there's nothing they didn't feel was essential in the course, which is ace. I'd like to say I'm prepared for the hard work but I know it'll still hit hard when we're there. I'm just so determined to be a vet I don't care how hard it is, I'm gonna get there.

Latest

Trending

Trending