The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
automatics are so much better than manuals..... once you've driven a decent car with an auto you won't go back....
I hate manuals in traffic jams and in the city. But I'd much rather have a manual than an auto in any other situation
Reply 42
aKa Your Idol
I hate manuals in traffic jams and in the city. But I'd much rather have a manual than an auto in any other situation

Where do you drive most!? For me, it is in the traffic jams and cities so i would much rather have an auto!
Reply 43
In terms of bikes, definatly manual. Since auto have only one gear, the acceleration and top speed are crap. You can keep it in the rev band with manual. And its very satisfying driving in the rev band when you need to.
Reply 44
Yoda
In terms of bikes, definatly manual. Since auto have only one gear, the acceleration and top speed are crap. You can keep it in the rev band with manual. And its very satisfying driving in the rev band when you need to.

Wrong.
My stepdad, untill 2 years ago, owed a honda CB750 with a "honda-matic" 3 speed gearbox.

They exist, there just arnt too many around.
Reply 45
..Inphinite..
Yeah. You changed your name! :biggrin:
I've never driven a manual. My best friend loves them, but he's not very good at driving them :p: I like my automatic, and after watching him drive manuals, I'm not too inclined to try one.
I've driven both but I do prefer an auto...but there are some VERY crap auto cars out there...avoid fords and vauxhalls - they're crap, better off saving your money and getting a manual (especially in the case of the vauxhalls - theur auto gearbox is dangerous IMO, it jumps into gear from stopped so maneuvering is a nightmare - impossible to ease forward slowly, as for the fords just been given an auto mondeo hire car (brand new one) and it's as nasty as our old focus was, manual fords I've driven have been much better put together).

VW, Skoda & volvos though have the automatic stuff nailled...
I've driven both and there's nothing quite like driving along with a stick in your hand.

Make of that what you will :joyman:

Latest

Trending

Trending