The Student Room Group

medical health check (female)

This is an embarrassing question for me to ask my friends so I guess it's better for me to ask on the tsr.
So, I am a girl, 18 years old. I am going to study abroad soon. For the student visa application, I will need to undergo a health check when I arrive, which is compulsory for all new international students. There are a few parts for the doctor to fill in and one of them is a systemic examination for the genitourinary system. Anyone have done an examination similar to this before? What will the doctor do? Will the doctor put a thing to enlarge my vagina and exam the inside? I am a virgin and I am afraid my hymen will be broken after the examination. Tbh I really hope the doctor won't even check the outer 'parts' as that area is really sensitive.
ps I think I am allowed to refuse the check as it is essential
I am really scared about this now :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
This is an embarrassing question for me to ask my friends so I guess it's better for me to ask on the tsr.
So, I am a girl, 18 years old. I am going to study abroad soon. For the student visa application, I will need to undergo a health check when I arrive, which is compulsory for all new international students. There are a few parts for the doctor to fill in and one of them is a systemic examination for the genitourinary system. Anyone have done an examination similar to this before? What will the doctor do? Will the doctor put a thing to enlarge my vagina and exam the inside? I am a virgin and I am afraid my hymen will be broken after the examination. Tbh I really hope the doctor won't even check the outer 'parts' as that area is really sensitive.
ps I think I am allowed to refuse the check as it is essential
I am really scared about this now :frown:

What the?? Everyone has to have their privates checked to be a student abroad?? :lolwut:
Reply 2
http://patient.info/doctor/genitourinary-history-and-examination-female Found this... Damn it really seems pretty intrusive! I don't think they'll make you go through it all though, I think it's just if you experience symptoms, not during a check up.
Reply 3
Original post by Ciel.
http://patient.info/doctor/genitourinary-history-and-examination-female Found this... Damn it really seems pretty intrusive! I don't think they'll make you go through it all though, I think it's just if you experience symptoms, not during a check up.

Thank you very much for your reply. I feel better now and I really hope I don't have to go through the physical examination as I don't have any systems related to my genitoutinary system.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you very much for your reply. I feel better now and I really hope I don't have to go through the physical examination as I don't have any systems related to my genitoutinary system.

You're welcome, and remember that if at any point you feel uncomfortable, you have the right to refuse the examination or tell them to stop.

Quick Reply

Latest