The Student Room Group

Left school four years ago, need maths A level!

Not sure if post was clear, but I finished A-Levels 4 years ago with AAA in Biology, Chem and Physics with an AS in maths. Many computer science courses, understandably, require a maths a-level. Now that I want to apply, is it possible to arrange a maths a-level examination for May/June and apply with that knowledge.

If I do this, how do I apply with 3 completed A levels and one yet to take?

Thanks so much in advance!! :smile:
Original post by Bark
Not sure if post was clear, but I finished A-Levels 4 years ago with AAA in Biology, Chem and Physics with an AS in maths. Many computer science courses, understandably, require a maths a-level. Now that I want to apply, is it possible to arrange a maths a-level examination for May/June and apply with that knowledge.

If I do this, how do I apply with 3 completed A levels and one yet to take?

Thanks so much in advance!! :smile:

Have you phoned a few to check? I know they are more lenient with older candidates. For example, a friend's son has just got offers for a Geography degree with only AS level Geog - he is 20 ...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Yeah, I would ring up to see. The majority actually don't require A level maths but the one's your're probably be applying to with those great grades will. Try Uni's like Newcastle and Nottingham which are both great but don't require maths, there's no point wasting a year as they will teach you everything from scratch. I know people who went to uni's without A level maths who did better/are doing better than people with it as the logic is different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending