The Student Room Group

Is it weird to go to a concert on your own?

I really want to start going to concerts but I have know one who likes the same sort of music as me, is it weird going to concerts alone? what should I do?
Reply 1
I went to two concerts on my own in September and it was great. If you really want to talk to someone, try wearing a band T-shirt of some other band can help you find other people that like the same band; random people tend to talk to you if they really like the same band in concerts. Otherwise, just bring some cash for a couple of drinks and some merch, and you'll have a great time.
I've been alone before and it was great. I spoke to a few random people :smile:
If you're standing with mates you might get separated anyway (depending on the kind of music)
Err depends lol. I went to an orchestra on my own because apparently noone likes classical.

But I think going to rock/EDM is fun with friends. Then again, you can meet some pretty cool people without.

Socially though, by all means it's accepted.
I went to a Taylor Swift concert on my own - it's fine.
Yeah, of course it's fun with friends, but you're going to a concert to see a band you like, so ultimately you're going to end up by yourself listening to the music no matter what. Go for it!

In addition you'll probably make friends with people if you queue up early- but don't be worried about doing so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending