The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone!

I have applied for adult nursing at university of Surrey, Liverpool, East Anglia, Coventry and Birmingham. I have had a weeks work experience in a hospital and volunteer at a nursing home for elderly people with dementia and a charity which organises projects for children with learning disabilities. I have sent my UCAS application off last Friday, now feeling very nervous haha!Just wondering if anyone has any interview tips or are in a similar boat to me? Thanks, good luck!
Hello,

I have been wanting to apply for nursing for years. I've had to work the long way around as Ive been looking after my grandparents. I've eventually got K101 Introduction to Health and Social Care, Open Uni. I've got 4 NVQ Level 2 and one at Level 3. Plus my 4 GCSE C grade. This gives me more than 5 A-C grade. I'm currently doing key skills level 3 Communication and application of numbers. So if anyone is struggling to re sit maths I find this much easier!!

I'm worried about personal statement. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys 😊
Hi!
I'm applying to King's, LSBU, City London, Uni of Liverpool and Uni of Manchester.. Just waiting for my college to send off my reference! Has anyone else applied to London uni's??
Reply 43
Original post by kellie260
Hello,

I have been wanting to apply for nursing for years. I've had to work the long way around as Ive been looking after my grandparents. I've eventually got K101 Introduction to Health and Social Care, Open Uni. I've got 4 NVQ Level 2 and one at Level 3. Plus my 4 GCSE C grade. This gives me more than 5 A-C grade. I'm currently doing key skills level 3 Communication and application of numbers. So if anyone is struggling to re sit maths I find this much easier!!

I'm worried about personal statement. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys 😊

Literally talk about all these experiences, then integrate why that will make you a good nurse and talk about your personality too. You'll be absolutely fine if you do that! It seems like you're suited for the role and I wish you the best of luck! :biggrin:
Original post by Luce0506
Hi everyone!

I have applied for adult nursing at university of Surrey, Liverpool, East Anglia, Coventry and Birmingham. I have had a weeks work experience in a hospital and volunteer at a nursing home for elderly people with dementia and a charity which organises projects for children with learning disabilities. I have sent my UCAS application off last Friday, now feeling very nervous haha!Just wondering if anyone has any interview tips or are in a similar boat to me? Thanks, good luck!

Hi sorry I'm not answering your question as I haven't even sent my application form yet. I'm also applying to Surrey and I'm considering east Anglia as my final choice. Have you been to east Anglia or do you know anything about it that drew you to it? Also have you heard back from any universities yet?
Original post by Pine3278
Hi sorry I'm not answering your question as I haven't even sent my application form yet. I'm also applying to Surrey and I'm considering east Anglia as my final choice. Have you been to east Anglia or do you know anything about it that drew you to it? Also have you heard back from any universities yet?

Hi, thanks for replying:smile:

I have actually heard from both Surrey and east anglia today inviting me for an interview !! :smile:

East Anglia is obviously one of the best unis for studying nursing, the open day was fab and so were the staff, plus it's a lovely campus and part of England. I'd deffo recommend :biggrin:

I have actually heard from both Surrey and east anglia today inviting me for an interview !! :smile:

East Anglia is obviously one of the best unis for studying nursing, the open day was fab and so were the staff, plus it's a lovely campus and part of England. I'd deffo recommend :biggrin:

Oh wow congrats! ^^ If I get an offer from Surrey I'm definitely accepting it. Do you know which university you definitely want to go to yet and when did you apply to start?
Original post by Pine3278
Oh wow congrats! ^^ If I get an offer from Surrey I'm definitely accepting it. Do you know which university you definitely want to go to yet and when did you apply to start?

I only applied last Friday so I've received interview offers very quickly! And tbf I really love all of my choices they all have different pros and cons so I really don't mind. I think it is definitely between Liverpool, Surrey and UEA though :smile:

When will you be applying?
Original post by Sezena
Literally talk about all these experiences, then integrate why that will make you a good nurse and talk about your personality too. You'll be absolutely fine if you do that! It seems like you're suited for the role and I wish you the best of luck! :biggrin:

Thank you Sezena, much appreciated, fingers crosses and then a waiting game :smile:

I thought Surrey do the interview on the same day as the numeracy and literacy tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2coolf2456
I thought Surrey do the interview on the same day as the numeracy and literacy tests?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they do x
Hello!
I sent off my application on the 17th and have applied to Edge Hill, Sheffield Hallam, University of Manchester, Manchester Met and University of Cumbria :smile:
I've had confirmation emails from each university apart from Man Met, and have an interview on December 1st at Edge Hill which I'm incredibly nervous about :s-smilie:
Yes they do x

Are you going to Surrey this Monday? How are you feeling for the tests??? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Twisted_Log1c
Hello!
I sent off my application on the 17th and have applied to Edge Hill, Sheffield Hallam, University of Manchester, Manchester Met and University of Cumbria :smile:
I've had confirmation emails from each university apart from Man Met, and have an interview on December 1st at Edge Hill which I'm incredibly nervous about :s-smilie:

Hi, my interview is 1st December at edge hill, think we spoke in another chat :smile: but seen you are applying for university of Cumbria and I'm applying there too. Good luck with everything :smile:
Hiya,
I just received two interviews offers, one from Surrey (25th of Jan) and Southampton (8th of Jan). And I was wondering if anyone else is doing these dates.
Original post by Polly.ann98
Hi, my interview is 1st December at edge hill, think we spoke in another chat :smile: but seen you are applying for university of Cumbria and I'm applying there too. Good luck with everything :smile:

Ah yes! Good luck to you too, which campus have you applied to?
Update: Just been invited to an interview at Manchester Met for the 15th December :biggrin:
I only applied last Friday so I've received interview offers very quickly! And tbf I really love all of my choices they all have different pros and cons so I really don't mind. I think it is definitely between Liverpool, Surrey and UEA though :smile:

When will you be applying?

I'm not sure yet. I've finished my personal statement but I'm a bit nervous to send it off because I don't have any volunteer or work experience. I'm thinking of applying to some to start in December then sending it off in January so at least I have a month of experience
Original post by DarkLady1302
Hiya,
I just received two interviews offers, one from Surrey (25th of Jan) and Southampton (8th of Jan). And I was wondering if anyone else is doing these dates.

I don't have any interview offers since I haven't applied yet but I'm applying to Surrey too. How long ago did you get your offer?
Original post by Twisted_Log1c
Ah yes! Good luck to you too, which campus have you applied to?

Carlisle fuse hill street campus because I live in Carlisle so that's great for me :smile: x

Quick Reply