The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Polly.ann98
Carlisle fuse hill street campus because I live in Carlisle so that's great for me :smile: x

I live in Carlisle too! I was going to apply for there but I ended up choosing the Lancaster campus instead because I want to move to away and I really like Lancaster, but it's also not too far away which is good :-)
Original post by Twisted_Log1c
I live in Carlisle too! I was going to apply for there but I ended up choosing the Lancaster campus instead because I want to move to away and I really like Lancaster, but it's also not too far away which is good :-)

Aww really so are you getting the train down to the interview then, I think I'm going with either my mum or my sister depends who wants to get up haha :smile: and yeah I thought about applying for a different campus but it's literally 5 minutes walk for me the one in Carlisle and I'm not too fussed about moving
Original post by Polly.ann98
Aww really so are you getting the train down to the interview then, I think I'm going with either my mum or my sister depends who wants to get up haha :smile: and yeah I thought about applying for a different campus but it's literally 5 minutes walk for me the one in Carlisle and I'm not too fussed about moving

Fair enough and not for this one, my dad's driving me down because he claims it'll be easier for me that way haha. I might get the train to others though because I feel bad for forcing him to come with me lol
Original post by Twisted_Log1c
Fair enough and not for this one, my dad's driving me down because he claims it'll be easier for me that way haha. I might get the train to others though because I feel bad for forcing him to come with me lol

Aww well haha I feel bad for making my mum get up so early but it's because I didn't want to go in my own for the first interview I have but I'll probably go on my own to the other ones haha :smile:
Original post by 2coolf2456
Are you going to Surrey this Monday? How are you feeling for the tests??? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope not going to Surrey until 18th of Jan, East Anglia is on 5th of Dec though!!

And a little bit yeah, as you have to pass these tests before going into the interview stage. However I think you can have a calculator so it should be fine haha! X
Reply 65
is a hospice and care home the same
Reply 66
i accidently put hospice instead of care home on my personal statement - thinking it was the same thing
Hi all,

Ive applied for nursing at surrey (rejected), brighton (rejected) cumbria, bournemouth and bedfordshire

Has anyone had an interview with bournemouth yet?
Reply 68
Hi - I'm 42 and studying an access course to heath. I've applied for Adult Nursing at Northumbria (got an interview on Friday) and Teesside (got an interview on 16 December).

I'm very nervous!! Northumbria doesn't have any exams/test but a group interview followed by an individual interview. How is everyone preparing??
Original post by JenLC2015
Hi all,

Ive applied for nursing at surrey (rejected), brighton (rejected) cumbria, bournemouth and bedfordshire

Has anyone had an interview with bournemouth yet?

Omg I'm thinking of applying to Surrey. Did they say why they didn't give you an offer? Sorry and good luck on your other unis
Original post by Pine3278
I don't have any interview offers since I haven't applied yet but I'm applying to Surrey too. How long ago did you get your offer?

Well I sent it on the Tuesday and I got an interview by Thursday afternoon. And Good Luck.
My application form didnt show enough evidence of experience. Thankyou, my main choice is bournemouth as thats where im from xx
My application form didnt show enough evidence of experience. Thankyou, my main choice is bournemouth as thats where im from xx

Oh wow, I'm probably gonna get rejected too then since I have no experience whatsoever :frown:
Oh wow, I'm probably gonna get rejected too then since I have no experience whatsoever :frown:

Just wait and see what happens. Stop thinking you're going to get rejected before you even apply. Your ps might show enough reflection about the role of a nurse that you still get an interview.
Plenty of people get in with no experience. So can you.

You never know!! Dont give up til you hear from them!! Whats your first choice? And good luck with your application xx
You never know!! Dont give up til you hear from them!! Whats your first choice? And good luck with your application xx

Thank you :smile:
My first choice is Surrey cause it's close to my house and the hospital they send you to placements is where my aunt and mum work
Reply 76
Original post by dragonsonmars
I sent my application off on Monday. I'm applying to Bournemouth, Southampton, Plymouth, Surrey and UWE! I've received acknowledgement emails from everywhere and an interview offer from UWE for the 17th of December!

Best of luck everyone!:h:

I sent my application off about 2 weeks ago and i also applied for Bournemouth and Southampton. I have an interview for Bournemouth on 17th Dec. Still awaiting for Southampton atm very impatiently. Have you heard anything yet?
Im sooo blooming nervous.

I also applied for Brighton and have an interview with them on the 16th, eeekkk.

Good luck everyone!!
Reply 77
i still have not got any interview offers-- its been 2 weeks ..do u think i shoild ring the unis up
Reply 78
has anyone applied to keele?
Original post by mismash
i still have not got any interview offers-- its been 2 weeks ..do u think i shoild ring the unis up

Be patient universities are probably waiting for more people to past the tests to arrange interview dates

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest