The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Applications 2016

Hey Guys!

So I just though that id set up this thread for anyone who had or is going to be applying for adult nursing to begin in September 2016. We can chat about possible interview questions, work experience placements, Personal statement ideas and any general questions you may want to ask!

I've already sent my application in to five universities and have got an interview for the 17th December! It will be my first one and i'm kind of nervous!

What universities have you applied for or planning to apply for?

Scroll to see replies

I sent my application off on Monday. I'm applying to Bournemouth, Southampton, Plymouth, Surrey and UWE! I've received acknowledgement emails from everywhere and an interview offer from UWE for the 17th of December!

Best of luck everyone!:h:
Original post by justemilyhere
Hey Guys!

So I just though that id set up this thread for anyone who had or is going to be applying for adult nursing to begin in September 2016. We can chat about possible interview questions, work experience placements, Personal statement ideas and any general questions you may want to ask!

I've already sent my application in to five universities and have got an interview for the 17th December! It will be my first one and i'm kind of nervous!

How long did it take for you to receive your interview offer?:smile:
Original post by dragonsonmars
How long did it take for you to receive your interview offer?:smile:

I sent off my application the Friday before half term so the 23rd October. And I got my first interview offer today (6th November). It was so strange because i was sat in my free period this morning worrying that I hadn't heard anything yet and then at lunchtime I got an email!

What sort of work experience did you do?
Hey!

I sent of my UCAS application on the 27th October and applied for Wolverhampton, Birmingham City, Uni of Birmingham and Sheffield Hallam.

Wolverhampton gave me a different course offer for Public Health and I have an interview at Birmingham city next Wednesday at 12:30pm (got the email yesterday).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Im applying for hull and York. I am going to send off my application this week x
Original post by chloejanexoo
Hey!

I sent of my UCAS application on the 27th October and applied for Wolverhampton, Birmingham City, Uni of Birmingham and Sheffield Hallam.

Wolverhampton gave me a different course offer for Public Health and I have an interview at Birmingham city next Wednesday at 12:30pm (got the email yesterday).

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratulations! how did the interview go?:smile:
I sent off my application the Friday before half term so the 23rd October. And I got my first interview offer today (6th November). It was so strange because i was sat in my free period this morning worrying that I hadn't heard anything yet and then at lunchtime I got an email!

What sort of work experience did you do?

awhh that's great:h:

I've done one week on a pre-surgical ward, one week on a minor injuries unit, a year volunteering in a residential home and I was a carer for this lovely guy who had both his legs amputated above the knee and also had cancer.

What experience do you have?
Original post by dragonsonmars
congratulations! how did the interview go?:smile:

It went ok I guess, entry tests were really easy in my opinion but I think my nerves got the better of me in the actual interview.

I will be sure to post if I get an offer or not & thank you!! 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
It went ok I guess, entry tests were really easy in my opinion but I think my nerves got the better of me in the actual interview.

I will be sure to post if I get an offer or not & thank you!! 😊😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I struggle with the literacy entry tests, any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2coolf2456
I struggle with the literacy entry tests, any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The literacy entry test was a lot easier than expected to be, you can practice these tests online.

I can't discuss the tests too much but it is surrounding your basic literacy (grammar, sentence structure etc) but read through each question a good few times before you answer as I almost made the most stupid error by not doing this lol and also, just remember to take your time you usually have half hour for each test, sorry if I can't be more help! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard back from UOB yet X
Original post by MCarlene
Have you heard back from UOB yet X

No I haven't yet, only waiting to hear from them now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
The literacy entry test was a lot easier than expected to be, you can practice these tests online.

I can't discuss the tests too much but it is surrounding your basic literacy (grammar, sentence structure etc) but read through each question a good few times before you answer as I almost made the most stupid error by not doing this lol and also, just remember to take your time you usually have half hour for each test, sorry if I can't be more help! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi i know you can't tell much about the test but is their any practice questions i can do before going to the real interview and when u did the math test was there questions on meters and stuff like that
Reply 14
Hey Guys!

Hi got an offer from Bradford uni and wanted to know if anyone had the interview yet and what are the questions like or if i can do any practice ones x
Hey,

I've applied for Hertfordshire, Bucks, Bedfordshire, Middlesex and KCL. I've had two interviews already and have the other three coming up! X
Original post by sanah111
hi i know you can't tell much about the test but is their any practice questions i can do before going to the real interview and when u did the math test was there questions on meters and stuff like that

Hey! The maths tests was also a lot easier than expected it is just your basic maths; adding, subtracting, dividing and decimals etc.

I can't remember what type of questions I had however if you type on the Internet 'practice nursing entry tests' you can click any of the links on the first page and give them a try - hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I haven't yet, only waiting to hear from them now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh they sent me a notification on track saying i was unsuccessful due to having a grade C in maths and english, but it states on my ucas application that im resitting them so i hope they reconsider. was so disheartened when i saw that on track lol. All the best to you :smile:
Ahh they sent me a notification on track saying i was unsuccessful due to having a grade C in maths and english, but it states on my ucas application that im resitting them so i hope they reconsider. was so disheartened when i saw that on track lol. All the best to you :smile:

Oh no that is such a shame I hope they reconsider, thank you though and I hope everything works out for you too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was in the same position, failed maths in year 11 and in my retake for year 12 November but passed it in the summer! All I can say is keep GCSE maths your priority to gain that C. Practice practice! You got this and maybe defer entry there's nothing wrong with gaining more medical experience. Best of luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending