The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Medicine Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Wow. What a hypocritical bully.

Hypocritical: Behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.
Bully: A person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.
Yeah, of course :tongue:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by 
Hypocritical: Behaving in a way that suggests one has higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.
Bully: A person who uses strength or influence to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.
Yeah, of course :tongue:

Hmm... hypocrite much?

I wonder whether you'd say this to someone's face? Bully much?

Stop trolling around and being rude and obnoxious to others (perhaps you'd like to google those words as well). Call yourself a potential medic...
Original post by Azula
I don't think they have it yet, and they randomly ask applicants for UMS marks don't they?
I'm not completely sure, I don't think anyone is:tongue:
Good luck 4 bmat results tho!!

Where did you find out about them randomly asking applicants? I am hoping you are correct because I did not get an email :frown:
Reply 83
Original post by FutureMedic97
Where did you find out about them randomly asking applicants? I am hoping you are correct because I did not get an email :frown:

Past threads
Reply 84

They said they are only asking SOME applicants
Original post by 16ckim
They said they are only asking SOME applicants

Ah okay,
Thanks
Reply 86
Original post by 
Your opinion is unnecessary.

To be fair I was quite upset/offended by this... anyway...
Original post by gabby07
To be fair I was quite upset/offended by this... anyway...

Well, I thought we had a nice little thing going on

Spoiler

But then you turned against me!!

Spoiler

Original post by 
Well, I thought we had a nice little thing going on

Spoiler

But then you turned against me!!

Spoiler

Look, I'm sure you are a very nice person but all I'm saying is that you should think about the effect your words may have on other people before you publish them. Just because this is the internet it doesn't mean offending other people becomes alright.
It's your responsibility to think about the impact of your words on anyone (very sensitive or not at all) so your argument of being offended at small and "petty" things doesn't stand. You have said those words and people are actually offended - you can't shy away from that.

Anyway, I don't really want to talk about this any more as this thread has digressed significantly from 2 hours ago!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Look, I'm sure you are a very nice person but all I'm saying is that you should think about the effect your words may have on other people before you publish them. Just because this is the internet it doesn't mean offending other people becomes alright.
It's your responsibility to think about the impact of your words on anyone (very sensitive or not at all) so your argument of being offended at small and "petty" things doesn't stand. You have said those words and people are actually offended - you can't shy away from that.

Anyway, I don't really want to talk about this any more as this thread has digressed significantly from 2 hours ago!

You do realise you called me a hypocrite, bully, implied I wouldn't be able to stand up for myself and that I have limited understanding of certain vocabulary right?
I'm fairly confident me expressing my very small opinion, to another person, doesn't warrant that response, especially from someone who wasn't involved.
And no, it's not always my responsibility to think about the impact of my words on anyone, I am free to express whatever I want and due to the huge variety of people on the internet with different views it is almost impossible to express your opinion without offending someone. So I do not take responsibility for people who get offended at little things because it's downright petty and they have nothing to blame other than being overly sensitive, on the internet of all places.
Like you for example; I didn't even say anything to you say all that to me which was unjustified.
psh, and 'you call yourself a future medic...'
Original post by 
Your opinion is unnecessary.

Is it me or is this guy a massive douchebag
Original post by blxckatoro
Is it me or is this guy a massive douchebag

Guy?
Reply 92
Anyway... on Portico for all the people who have been asked to submit some information, has your status changed in anyway from 'Application received'? If so, what does it say?
For people submitting module information, are you just sending the sheet you got on results day?
Original post by masryman97
For people submitting module information, are you just sending the sheet you got on results day?

Nah cos it contains ums as well which they didn't ask for
Original post by blxckatoro
Nah cos it contains ums as well which they didn't ask for

I thought they want our UMS scores? Thought that's the whole point of asking us for this information?
Reply 96

Did you put your module grades on UCAS?
Original post by Azula
Did you put your module grades on UCAS?

Nope only my overall grades
Nope only my overall grades

Ahhh, maybe that is why they emailed you asking for the module grades.I heard (from past threads) that UCL like to look at your academic background in Biology and Chemistry and they like to see that you have performed well across all modules....
Reply 99
Ahhh, maybe that is why they emailed you asking for the module grades.I heard (from past threads) that UCL like to look at your academic background in Biology and Chemistry and they like to see that you have performed well across all modules....

I don't understand that because how do they know if someone got a high A and a high B, compared to someone who got 2 low As?
Do they actually ask for the UMS marks or just module grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending