The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Madlib
no its really what i did!!! No one saw me so its all gravy :biggrin:

Tut tut. Hardly worth bragging about though really.
PhilMc
and next month when I take out my car I will be taking up two spaces.

I've had parking tickets/fines for parking across two spaces (with a disabled badge when all the disabled spaces were taken and we needed to get the wheelchair out of the car) so if you're going to start crossing the lines deliberately in any supermarket where you have to pay be ready for the letters:smile:.

I would leave my details personally - although the 2 times I have nudged another car when parking (it's always when I'm running late and getting stressed...) it's been such low speeds that there wasn't even a mark in the dirt on the cars (never mind any damage) so it wasn't necessary.
Reply 42
I remember reading an article somewhere about a bloke who smacked into another car in a car park where there were many witnesses. To avoid paying for the damage, and the witnesses suspecting anything, he just wrote a load of offensive rubbish on a piece of paper, and stuck it under the wiper. No one suspected a thing, and he got away with it.
Reply 43
Think Floyd
I remember reading an article somewhere about a bloke who smacked into another car in a car park where there were many witnesses. To avoid paying for the damage, and the witnesses suspecting anything, he just wrote a load of offensive rubbish on a piece of paper, and stuck it under the wiper. No one suspected a thing, and he got away with it.

When someone hit my dads car and left (as mentioned previously in the thread) someone left a number on the windscreen on a scrappy bit of paper, it was a business number with a name next to it, so we assumed it was a work number, but it was just scrawl so couldnt really make out the numbers. When my dad phoned it was one of those dodgy sex lines :rolleyes: :p:

So not only are they a selfish idiot for leaving the scene of an accident but also a comedian :rolleyes:
You can surely gain some humour from it that they were such a desperate loser that they either knew a sex line number by heart or kept the card with them? :wink:
I would to leave it, but it'd get the better of me. Plus you don't know who might have you seen you. Leave your details and stuff .. and maybe a bit of an apology.
Haha at leaving dodgy details down. Thats quite funny.

I'd write my details. But I hope never to bump into a stationery car whilst trying to park because my friends will never let it go. Theres no excuse.
thisbemadness

So not only are they a selfish idiot for leaving the scene of an accident but also a comedian :rolleyes:

Classic

Unlike all you do gooders I'd probably just drive off if ti was a small scrape...obviously you can't do it for a massive crash.

I think Im'm in th emajority as well...damn we live in such an immoral country.
How would you feel if you were left with a £500 scrape down your car?
pghstochaj
How would you feel if you were left with a £500 scrape down your car?

We've had the same thing done to us.

Just live with it.
Sad reflection on how you value your property, and other people's property.
Reply 51
I think a lot depends on whether people get seen and whether there are cameras in the vicinity....
Reply 52
sebbie
I think a lot depends on whether people get seen and whether there are cameras in the vicinity....

I think its a shame there has to be cameras for you to think about leaving details. I have a few scratches and dints on my car. Not sure if someone has backed into it, or if the damage was caused by previous owners of the car. Quite recently, I have noticed a nice dint from someone who has opened the car door onto mine.

I think i'd leave my details if i did damage another car; it does anger me when its my own property.
Reply 53
P1N3R
I think its a shame there has to be cameras for you to think about leaving details. I have a few scratches and dints on my car. Not sure if someone has backed into it, or if the damage was caused by previous owners of the car. Quite recently, I have noticed a nice dint from someone who has opened the car door onto mine.

I think i'd leave my details if i did damage another car; it does anger me when its my own property.

Exactly- if I ever did that to someone (which I havent BTW) I would leave my details, as Ive had it done to me in the past and I know how annoying and inconsiderate it can be.
pghstochaj
Sad reflection on how you value your property, and other people's property.

To be blunt, I couldn't give a toss about most other peoples property.
Hence "sad reflection", your previous post gave the contempt you have for other people's property.
Reply 56
I always check my car boths sides when getting in.

If someone does it while I am sitting in the car I will get out and doublecheck whilst they are there, asking them to be more careful.

People do it all the time. I normally find women are the worst for not having a clue what damage they are doing, especially with kids around.

Latest