The Student Room Group

Psychology coursework does the results section have a word limit?????

hi there im just wondering im sat in school in the easter hols trying to do my psy coursework and we have been told we have a 2000 word limit but does this include the results section of coursework as i already have 2345 words. appreciate if you could help thankinyou
Reply 1
2000 word limit....i hope not, I'm at about 6000 with many more graphs, tables, charts, calculations and the like.

Just do what you feel comfortable doing, I hardly think doing too much is a bad thing, rather than conforming to silly word limits and missing vital information out.
Reply 2
I think 2000 words includes everything apart from your appendix, bibliography etc.

But everything else like aim, results, method implications of study is included in the word limit.

And also, if you go over it, you do lose marks. Alot of them :frown:
Reply 3
wtf? :confused: Are you sure? We werent told anything about this :frown:
My teacher had a look over my work and said it was excellent....but obviously not if im going to lose marks cause its too long.

How many marks can you lose for exceding a word limit? :frown: :frown: :confused: :confused:
Reply 4
Well it depends what board you are doing. I know for edexcel I was about 600 over and I lost about 10 marks, so I'm re-sitting it. Gutted for me :frown:
Reply 5
i think more than anythig it depends on how relevant your infomation that you went over on, but genrally avoid going more thant 300 over.

Latest

Trending

Trending