The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1
heya im considering raleigh park, becuase my course is on jubilee and i know that the jubilee halls are not v sociable, but whats raliegh park like?! is it in a rough area? and what are the people like.

thanku.xx
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
is raleigh park packed with boys dunno y im gettin a feeling it is?x
Reply 3
princess1234
heya im considering raleigh park, becuase my course is on jubilee and i know that the jubilee halls are not v sociable, but whats raliegh park like?! is it in a rough area? and what are the people like.

thanku.xx

Hey there,

From my experiences at Raleigh, the more you get involved , the easier it is to find the people in raleigh park who are sociable. There are a lot of international students around and often they don't integrate too much with UK students, however this is only a generalisation and I know quite a few who do. This year the reps who organise events for raleigh are amazing, and we've probably had more events since they started just after christmas than in the first term. Get along to those and you'd find hundreds of friendly people who want to get involved!

As you probably know, Raleigh is very good for people working in Jubilee as it's a 5 minute walk to the J. Campus. Raleigh is very good for getting into town easily. Theres a bus stop right outside which takes you straight to the main shopping centre, and the walk isn't that bad either, about 20 minutes to the main hub.

As for Raleigh itself, there's a common room and a bar which were used a lot at first, but as people have found their social groups, lots of people now commune in the kitchens in flats (a + for being self catered!)

Finally Raleigh is on the very edge of the rougher parts of notts.. However any problems with burglaries etc are very infrequent. There are so many students around all the time, even in the early hours, and security is very good at Raleigh. I live in Byron place which is the nearest to the main road so the most vulnerable to crime and have only seen one theft so far. Girls are given flats on raised floors which are much more safe than ground floor.

hope this helps, Im happy to answer more Q's if you have any! Adam x
Reply 4
Tinkerbell123
is raleigh park packed with boys dunno y im gettin a feeling it is?x

Hey Raleigh is roughly 50/50 with boys and girls, as I imagine most halls are. In myblock there are 5 flats of 6 people, 2 of the flats are girls, and 3 are boys, and I know others which have it the other way round. Adam x
Reply 5
heya,

i still cant really decide whether to stay in jubillee halls or raliegh:frown: its just the not having ensuite thing kinda bothers me! and im scared that if i pick those halls its not gonna be v sociable. and raliegh park obv seems a bit more exciting.
do you know anything about the jubillee hallS? coz it sounds like you get to meet alot of people at raliegh, but jus wondering if its the same for the halls 2?

thankuu so much 4 ur help:biggrin: xx
Reply 6
I don't know too much about jubilee halls, but I do know people who live there and they all love it there. I'm convinced that every hall has a great social scene, and the good thing about catered halls is you all eat together to you get to meet friends that way. At the end of the day, you should visit both to get a feeling of what it's like there, and weigh up which things are more important to you, location/en suite/catered,self catered etc.. and the answer should come through. But I'm sure you'll find that whichever one you choose you'll have a blast! Adam x
Reply 7
adamsolo
I don't know too much about jubilee halls, but I do know people who live there and they all love it there. I'm convinced that every hall has a great social scene, and the good thing about catered halls is you all eat together to you get to meet friends that way. At the end of the day, you should visit both to get a feeling of what it's like there, and weigh up which things are more important to you, location/en suite/catered,self catered etc.. and the answer should come through. But I'm sure you'll find that whichever one you choose you'll have a blast! Adam x

oo0o ok, i think i mite just stik with the jubillee halls then, thanks 4 ur help.xx

Latest

Trending

Trending