The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse english language help!!!

So, I just wanted to ask about the english language exam on how much time should be spent on each of the questions and what is the objective 4 each of the questions??? Ive seen some of the past papers of before but really confused bout it.
Original post by ARK_REVISES
So, I just wanted to ask about the english language exam on how much time should be spent on each of the questions and what is the objective 4 each of the questions??? Ive seen some of the past papers of before but really confused bout it.

As it says, 15 mins per each question in Section A.
15 minutes for reading the 3 sources.
For Section B, 25 minutes for the first question and 35 minutes for the second question. I'd say try to do Section A slightly faster so u have more planning time for Section B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chittesh14
As it says, 15 mins per each question in Section A.
15 minutes for reading the 3 sources.
For Section B, 25 minutes for the first question and 35 minutes for the second question. I'd say try to do Section A slightly faster so u have more planning time for Section B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was thinking spending 12 minutes for 1,2 and 3 and 24 minutes for the last question 24 minutes in section A or less than that
but what is the objective 4 each of the questions

Hey,
so....

QUESTION 1 - all about retrieval and inference. you will be asked 'what do you learn'. This question is out of 8 marks and i recommend you spend about 15 minutes on this question. Personally this is the question where you will get 8/8 because you are literally asked to copy what is from source 1 onto the exam paper adding abit more information from your general knowledge. you should aim to write ab out paragraphs and within those 4 paragraphs should be 2-3 quotations from the source.

QUESTION 2 - Linking the headline, the picture and the text. write in as much detail as possible and write about the effectiveness. this is also 8 marks so spend no longer than 15 minutes on this question. write about 8 points in 4 paragraphs by using key words from the headline and connotations from the picture.

QUESTION 3 - INFERENCE. 8 MARKS = 15 MINUTES.
this is very similar to question 1 however here you must focus on thoughts and feelings. skim read this and you will do for questions 2 and highlight 8 things which links to thoughts and feelings. you should make references and suggestions about what you understand and think about. write 4 paragraphs.

MAKE SURE YOU TIME MANAGE!!!!

Good luck. hope this has helped!!
Original post by tiya_2000
Hey,
so....

QUESTION 1 - all about retrieval and inference. you will be asked 'what do you learn'. This question is out of 8 marks and i recommend you spend about 15 minutes on this question. Personally this is the question where you will get 8/8 because you are literally asked to copy what is from source 1 onto the exam paper adding abit more information from your general knowledge. you should aim to write ab out paragraphs and within those 4 paragraphs should be 2-3 quotations from the source.

QUESTION 2 - Linking the headline, the picture and the text. write in as much detail as possible and write about the effectiveness. this is also 8 marks so spend no longer than 15 minutes on this question. write about 8 points in 4 paragraphs by using key words from the headline and connotations from the picture.

QUESTION 3 - INFERENCE. 8 MARKS = 15 MINUTES.
this is very similar to question 1 however here you must focus on thoughts and feelings. skim read this and you will do for questions 2 and highlight 8 things which links to thoughts and feelings. you should make references and suggestions about what you understand and think about. write 4 paragraphs.

MAKE SURE YOU TIME MANAGE!!!!

Good luck. hope this has helped!!

it really helped me but can u tell me something about the question 4 and the writing section
it really helped me but can u tell me something about the question 4 and the writing section

Sure although i am not as experienced with question 4 as i am with the others.

You should firstly choose similar techniques used in the sources you are going to pick. (i forgot if they choose it for you or if you choose). Highlight the key words in sentences and find similarities and contrasts between the two. Use this formula:
Gap
Audience
Purpose

Each of your Paragraphs should include:

Language used for effect in source in the structure of a PEE paragraph

compare the language used for effect in which should also be in the structure of a PEE paragraph

soz for the late reply. hope this has helped!

Quick Reply

Latest