The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL offer holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Got an offer of AAA to study BSc Psychology even though the entry requirements on the website are A*AA and I'm predicted A*AA???
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by natnatnatlynch
Got an offer of AAA to study BSc Psychology even though the entry requirements on the website are A*AA and I'm predicted A*AA???

ooh, i'm predicted AAA, do you reckon i'll get an offer? i'm expecting to be rejected. btw, the entry requirements to Psych BSc at UCL are AAA-A*AA so you're at the lower end - good for you, they clearly want you!
Original post by opalesecent
ooh, i'm predicted AAA, do you reckon i'll get an offer? i'm expecting to be rejected. btw, the entry requirements to Psych BSc at UCL are AAA-A*AA so you're at the lower end - good for you, they clearly want you!

Yea I looked afterwards and noticed 😂 Could've sworn it just said A*AA the last time I checked. And I think it depends on your subjects. I think I've worked out that the reason they gave me the lower offer is because I do both biology AND psychology which they say are preferred A levels
Original post by natnatnatlynch
Yea I looked afterwards and noticed 😂 Could've sworn it just said A*AA the last time I checked. And I think it depends on your subjects. I think I've worked out that the reason they gave me the lower offer is because I do both biology AND psychology which they say are preferred A levels

haha! that would make sense, i only do psychology out of the list of preferred subjects - so i expect to get a rejection or a high offer, something like A*AA. do unis ever give offers higher than your predicted grades? i'm predicted AAA.
I got an offer from UCL today! Law with French Law. IB 41 points.
got an offer for statistics,economics and finance on 21st jan. Conditional offer of hkdse 5* in algebra and calculus, mathematics, 5 in physics , 5in english, 5 in chemistry or biology, 3 in chinese and liberal studies. Anyone has offer in this school?
Reply 46
Original post by JohnGreek
Hi guys, first time I've ever posted here (I registered on AS Level results day but really never felt the need to post since then) - but I thought that now may as well be the time to start doing so :smile:

Got an offer today for LLB Law (M100) today - any other UCL lawyers amongst us?

What a levels did you take?
Anthropology offer here! 😁
Reply 48
Just got an offer for Law

A*AA in (no specific order) Psychology, Economics, & Gov Pol (AS & A2)

I've got no extra AS, only taking 3 A levels because I'm doing a 1 year intensive course. Only 4 C grade GCSE's (and nothing more) due to extenuating circumstances.

I got accepted because my experience is overwhelmingly good. I'm 20 so have had time to get a lot of experience in actual work. Worked as a client manager for a dragons den investor for a year (managed 24 client businesses), ran my own publishing company for a year during which I published multiple best selling ebooks (managed a team of 5), experience as a broker, developed a product which I had manufactured in China and and pitched to multiple retail chains in the UK, amongst other things.

Also my LNAT was pretty good, the essay was amazing, the score was average.
I've an offer for Scandinavian Studies and History, heard back yesterday and really excited to start! :smile:
Hey, dunno if it has been said but I was wondering...

Are there any offer-holder open days or regular open days in the near future. (as in before the deadline for firm/insurance submission).
I am aware that some people/courses were given offer-holder open days but my course appears not to have that.

I got an offer in Philosophy btw.
Reply 51
Congrats to all the offer holders :biggrin:. Just wondering if there are any offer holder open days for maths, as I'm aware that there have already been some.
Hi, congrats to everyone who has offers :biggrin:
Anyone got an offer for architecture? :smile:
Reply 53
Anyone going to the Anthropology open day tomorrow? (:
Got a offer for Natural Sciences last week, I'm an Irish student so I was offered A1 A1 A1 A1 and two higher passes with two of the A1s from either Biology, Physics, Chemistry or Maths. Seems very reasonable and far fairer than the archaic Irish system of CAO points.
As it seems to be a hot topic here I got rejected from Cambridge after an interview but wasn't too surprised by it as in my chemistry interview they asked me about some stuff that isn't part of the Irish syllabus at all and I was totally stumped (I think it was something to do with amines). Looked like a bit of a fool I assume :biggrin:

Is there anyone here who holds a Natural Sciences offer or who is from Ireland?
Reply 55
Got an offer for Statistics, Economics and a Language!
Original post by Reepatel
I am also a UCL lawyer! got an offer today was so excited! have a Cambridge interview though, but if it goes to shambles UCL is my 2nd! Maybe ill see you there :smile:

Wow, really glad for you. UCL is a gret University!! Well done
Posted from TSR Mobile
Any offers for Medicine? Sooo happy got mine a few weeks ago!!!!:u::biggrin:
Unconditional offer here to study Social Sciences :biggrin: Anyone else?

Apparently, it's a new programme as of this year and I am having my doubts about firming it. Still waiting to hear back from LSE (Sociology) and Edinburgh Uni (Sociology). Would really really appreciate feedback, not being able to make up my mind is killing me. Which of these institutions has a better reputation in the social sciences? Will the 9000 pounds/year loan be worth it over free education in Scotland? AHHH DECISIONS DECISIONS.
Reply 59
Hi everyone,

I have applied re MSc Management part time starting Sep 2016.

How long did it take after the video interview to be made an offer?
I did not do my best on the video interview but I have very good profile(education and bank experience). Do you think I still have any chance of beeing approved?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending