The Student Room Group

New York girl living in Britain AMA !

Hey everyone !

Just joined this forum, a friend told me about it so thought I'd give it a try ! :biggrin:

Thought I'd make an AMA so I can get to know people here and hopefully you people can get to know me, and hopefully make some new friends :smile:

So I live in Britain and have been since I was 10.

Ask away !

Scroll to see replies

What part of Britain do you live in?
Original post by Kholmes1
What part of Britain do you live in?

London :smile:
Original post by MadeInNewYork
Ask away !

Can I send you my pics?

Spoiler

Original post by iAre Teh Lejend
Can I send you my pics?

Spoiler

I'm confused :s-smilie:
What made you move to Britain?
I really don't understand what your problem is. But anyway, posting pictures of a PM on a thread would lead to your ban in case you did not realise.
Original post by samina_ay
What made you move to Britain?

My dad works in London.
Which city do you prefer?
Reply 9
London :smile:

You must still be on NY time eh? It's 1 in the morning fyi.

My question is: what are you doing in London?
Hey everyone !

Just joined this forum, a friend told me about it so thought I'd give it a try ! :biggrin:

Thought I'd make an AMA so I can get to know people here and hopefully you people can get to know me, and hopefully make some new friends :smile:

Ask away !

Does NYC always smell of ****? As that is all I could smell on my visit in the summer.
Hey everyone !

Ask away !

How does life in the UK and London compare?

Is there anywhere in the UK you would like to see more of?

We don't want Piers Morgan here in the UK, and the Americans don't either, so can we meet halfway and just dump him in the Atlantic?
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you still have remnants of a Nu Yark accent, or is it pretty much British now?
Original post by Ladymusiclover
Which city do you prefer?

Original post by i<3milkshake
How does life in the UK and London compare?Is there anywhere in the UK you would like to see more of?

I prefer London. Honestly I don't see why people think New York or America is so great, because it really isn't. For e,g the transport in London is one billion times better than New York. Overall, America is probably nicer than UK, but London is nicer than any city in America. I've been here since I was 10, and I'm 17 now so I've seen as much as anyone from Britain has I guess. Although I would love to visit N.Ireland.

Original post by MAINE.
You must still be on NY time eh? It's 1 in the morning fyi.

My question is: what are you doing in London?

My dad works here, I'm studying at 6thform :smile:

Original post by zetamcfc
Does NYC always smell of ****? As that is all I could smell on my visit in the summer.

Ahaha :tongue:
What are the best and worst things about British people in general in your opinion? Also, which do you prefer?:smile:
Original post by Hashim123
Do you still have remnants of a Nu Yark accent, or is it pretty much British now?

I have a new york accent :tongue:

Yayyy
Dope.
I prefer London. Honestly I don't see why people think New York or America is so great, because it really isn't. For e,g the transport in London is one billion times better than New York. Overall, America is probably nicer than UK, but London is nicer than any city in America. I've been here since I was 10, and I'm 17 now so I've seen as much as anyone from Britain has I guess. Although I would love to visit N.Ireland.

Is it easier to find jobs here or over there for graduates?

Oh my God I love the American accent! I love the New York accent and New York Cheesecake. I just ate a whole one as it happens and I'm not even sorry.

Question; do American restaurants like TGI Fridays, Coast to Coast do good American food or are they not what a proper American would associate with America?
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
What are the best and worst things about British people in general in your opinion? Also, which do you prefer?:smile:

British people are soooooo generous and kind in comparison to Americans. Americans are mostly selfless and ignorant and don't have much personality, and they're very perverted and racist.
There isn't anything bad I have to say about British people to be honest.

Quick Reply

Latest