The Student Room Group

A level requirements for postgrad courses

Two courses I am applying for require an A level in Maths, neither of them specify the grades.

One says to not include any school certficates, the other one says "Maths A-level... required"on their website...

As the grade doesn't seem to matter, do I have to send in an A level transcript for the second one?

I asked the university in question and they say only a grade C is required, even though they ommit this from their website...

Is mentioning that I have Maths A level with an A* in my personal statement enough or should I send the full A level transcripts?
Mention the grade and send the certificate as proof.
Original post by Incongruous
Two courses I am applying for require an A level in Maths, neither of them specify the grades.

One says to not include any school certficates, the other one says "Maths A-level... required"on their website...

As the grade doesn't seem to matter, do I have to send in an A level transcript for the second one?

I asked the university in question and they say only a grade C is required, even though they ommit this from their website...

Is mentioning that I have Maths A level with an A* in my personal statement enough or should I send the full A level transcripts?

This is something you'd need to confirm with them.
Reply 3
Original post by Incongruous

My MSc applications were online (as most are I think?) so I could attach as many supporting documents as I wanted. I didn't bother with GCSEs, but did give A Levels. Actually, I think one uni required proof that I had gotten A Levels... Anyway, it's no skin off of your nose to send in scans of your A Level certificates with your Degree certificate. And if they require an A Level, then chances are they will want proof you actually got it, eventually.

Quick Reply

Latest