The Student Room Group

Domestic Violence in Muslim communities

I am currently researching for my PHD how muslims experience domestic violence and abuse and their norms and values on it. Can someone fancy telling me what do they know about domestic violence in muslim communities,even if you are not muslim feel free to discuss,

Thanks in advance?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ifmtg
I am currently researching for my PHD how muslims experience domestic violence and abuse and their norms and values on it. Can someone fancy telling me what do they know about domestic violence in muslim communities,even if you are not muslim feel free to discuss,

Thanks in advance?

A good place to start would be your local mosque. The priest would be able to answer most of your questions, I would think. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by 41b
A good place to start would be your local mosque. The priest would be able to answer most of your questions, I would think. :smile:

I want to here different people opinions
Original post by 41b

Mosques have priests?

R u sure m8
Reply 4
Original post by 41b

I think you're confused you poor thing.:console:

It's called an imam. Not a priest.
Reply 5
Original post by ifmtg

Thanks in advance?

Many,where do i start.

Well the first would be that the husband disowns the wife and beats her due to her giving birth to a daughter and not a son, and as such the wife runs to the imam in the masjid and explains her troubles, and the imam then has to actually make a speech on Friday prayers as to why the husband was in the wrong and explains how Allah may punish him for being so neglectful towards his wife, for something that was not her fault. :/
Reply 6
Original post by Ya Dunno
Many,where do i start.

Well the first would be that the husband disowns the wife and beats her due to her giving birth to a daughter and not a son, and as such the wife runs to the imam in the masjid and explains her troubles, and the imam then has to actually make a speech on Friday prayers as to why the husband was in the wrong and explains how Allah may punish him for being so neglectful towards his wife, for something that was not her fault. :/

thanks ,anything else you wish to add?
Reply 7
how are you on a PhD when you were a first year BA student in sept 2014?

EDIT: This is going by your thread history of inquiring about halls, claiming you are a first year, and a thread related to your application to a BA undergraduate degree program. If circumstances have changed, I apologise.

But what kind of PhD student conducts "research" in the form of a discussion thread on a forum?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
I think you're confused you poor thing.:console:

It's called an imam. Not a priest.

Priest is a general word which refers to holy men.

That story you've posted is ridiculous. Are you sure you're a Muslim? It sounds like you've just made it up.
Reply 9
Original post by 41b

That story you've posted is ridiculous. Are you sure you're a Muslim? It sounds like you've just made it up.

Huh except they call it Imam, not priest. You're rather dense aren't you?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is a true story, things like this occur in life. And , how exactly does me providing a story lead you to you doubting my faith?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 41b

Here I have even provided you with the proof that people use the word Priest to associate someone of the Catholic, Orthodox or Anglican church not the Masjid you doughnut.:facepalm2:

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=priest+meaning
Reply 11
Huh except they call it Imam, not priest. You rather dense aren't you?

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is a true story, things like this occur in life. And , how exactly does me providing a story lead you to you doubting my faith? you numb skull

Yeah, you're definitely not a Muslim, just another troll.

OP: The reason I suggested asking in real life is because on the internet you often have to deal with trolls (a perfect example here). Anyway, best of luck with your study. :smile:
Original post by 41b
Yeah, you're definitely not a Muslim, just another troll.

OP: The reason I suggested asking in real life is because on the internet you often have to deal with trolls (a perfect example here). Anyway, best of luck with your study. :smile:

And you're clearly not very bright, if you go around calling your imam a priest.:lol:

You utter pleb!
Reply 13
Original post by JD1lla
how are you on a PhD when you were a first year BA student in sept 2014?

EDIT: This is going by your thread history of inquiring about halls, claiming you are a first year, and a thread related to your application to a BA undergraduate degree program. If circumstances have changed, I apologise.

But what kind of PhD student conducts "research" in the form of a discussion thread on a forum?

you are an idiot,my son is doing the BA, whats wrong with getting opinions from people on TSR ,you prick
Reply 14
Original post by ifmtg
you are an idiot,my son is doing the BA, whats wrong with getting opinions from people on TSR ,you prick

Another thread you created recently.

"Univeraity students how many hours do you work and what's your job"

"Go on.. It's for my assingment research please" is what you post in the thread.

You're doing lots of research, aren't you fella!

EDIT: I've just realized how really creepy this is. You're lying. You made another thread saying your parents refused to let you live in halls. Another thread states you're 19. You've made multiple threads raising issues with females. You showed interest in going to Australia for 2 years.

You're 19 with a son that is doing a BA? Weird lies man, really weird. Now that is research. Took me 5 mins. Sorry to ruin your thread, I'm sure healthy discussion will occur. But just don't lie.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by JD1lla

"Go on.. It's for my assingment research please" is what you post in the thread.

EDIT: I've just realized how really creepy this is. You're lying. You made another thread saying your parents refused to let you live in halls. Another thread states you're 19. You've made multiple threads raising issues with females. You showed interest in going to Australia for 2 years.

You're 19 with a son that is doing a BA? Weird lies man, really weird. Now that is research. Took me 5 mins. Sorry to ruin your thread, I'm sure healthy discussion will occur. But just don't lie.

You are funny,no comment
Reply 16
Original post by ifmtg
You are funny,no comment

You are naughty. Stop it.
Original post by JD1lla

L00l
Bruh there is no more domestic violence in muslim communities than white ones, dont let the media fool you.
Reply 19
Original post by Trevormacdonald
Bruh there is no more domestic violence in muslim communities than white ones, dont let the media fool you.

My mother ran a support group for women in the Asian community of our area that were victims of domestic violence. All of them that turned up (about 30) were Muslim. They are very apprehensive about attending the sessions. They often had very poor English despite living in England for a long time as a result of not really being allowed to integrate with the community. I'm not necessarily saying this is a consequence of horrible individuals interpretation of Islam, this typically occurs with sufferers of domestic abuse.

I don't really know the stats or how useful they'd be. I assume they'd be seriously under reported

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending