The Student Room Group

Philosophy, Psychology and Scientific Thought

Has anyone applied for this course and does anyone have an offer?
Psychology
Reply 2
torn between psychology and philosophy.. swaying more towards psychology due to personal further reading I feel I would be better equipped for psychology. But I really do prefer the sound of philosophy... Psychology feels more "safe" and my personal statement can easily be aimed at it.
But philosophy is just something I like, but I am scared I will regret my decision and wish I just followed what felt right rather than what felt safe...

I wonder if anyone else has this issue??
Original post by Rebs99
torn between psychology and philosophy.. swaying more towards psychology due to personal further reading I feel I would be better equipped for psychology. But I really do prefer the sound of philosophy... Psychology feels more "safe" and my personal statement can easily be aimed at it.
But philosophy is just something I like, but I am scared I will regret my decision and wish I just followed what felt right rather than what felt safe...

I wonder if anyone else has this issue??

Hey I have just started a psychology degree after doing an access course I posted a thread recently because I'm wishing I chose philosophy really, send a reply if you have any questions or anything
Reply 4
Original post by automobile
Hey I have just started a psychology degree after doing an access course I posted a thread recently because I'm wishing I chose philosophy really, send a reply if you have any questions or anything

Hey thanks for replying :smile:
oh no ! Why is it you feel that way? There are joint honours for psychology and philosophy so I will be applying for that course. Which university are you studying at?
Original post by Rebs99
Hey thanks for replying :smile:
oh no ! Why is it you feel that way? There are joint honours for psychology and philosophy so I will be applying for that course. Which university are you studying at?

Nottingham Trent, yeah I wish I chose that I feel with just psychology it's so factual and dull and I've learnt most of this stuff already. The statistics are quite difficult to get your head around too but I guess thats a part of any psychology degree. It's like 50% research methods too at my uni, lots of reports and studies we have to do I prefer essay writing really
Reply 6
Aww no :frown: did you do access to social science or access to science btw?? I am not looking forward to statistics one bit lol,
Because I'm coming from a science background I'm more worried that I'm going to struggle with the essays but I guess it depends on the uni
The better/harder ones do seem to be more science and research

Quick Reply

Latest