The Student Room Group

Could i get into Cambridge to Study Law with these GCSE Grades ?

GCSEs are goo
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes, there are no GCSE entry requirements for law.
Original post by Zoro555
Hi guys,i was just wondering whether or not i could get into cambridge with these GCSEs grades,i know that a-levels matter more but i would just like to know if these GCSEs would be good enough anyway?
Maths-A*
English Language-A*
English literature -B
Double Science-A*
Double Sceince-A*
History-A
Geography-A
ICT-A*
Business Studies-A*
Thank you .

If I'm being completely honest you might get in with a push. If your A Levels and extra curricular are sparkling then you definitely have a chance.
Original post by Zoro555
Hi guys,i was just wondering whether or not i could get into cambridge with these GCSEs grades,i know that a-levels matter more but i would just like to know if these GCSEs would be good enough anyway?
Maths-A*
English Language-A*
English literature -B
Double Science-A*
Double Sceince-A*
History-A
Geography-A
ICT-A*
Business Studies-A*
Thank you .

What are you A Level options? That's alright for Cambridge, the average number of A*s is 7 +.

Warning though: People with extremely good grades don't get in sometimes because there is still the interviews that matter quite a lot {and give the tutors an idea whether you're really passionate about the subject and can think well or you just had tonnes of help on your personal statement}.

Thats good, just work hard at A Level and hopefully you'll get there :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Crammyandcrabby
What are you A Level options? That's alright for Cambridge, the average number of A*s is 7 +.

Warning though: People with extremely good grades don't get in sometimes because there is still the interviews that matter quite a lot {and give the tutors an idea whether you're really passionate about the subject and can think well or you just had tonnes of help on your personal statement}.

Thats good, just work hard at A Level and hopefully you'll get there :smile:

Hi,im thinking of doing English literature,psychology,History,philosophy and ethics.
Reply 5
Original post by Zoro555
Maths-A*
English Language-A*
English literature -B
Double Science-A*
Double Sceince-A*
History-A
Geography-A
ICT-A*
Business Studies-A*
Thank you .

Unfortunately not, you need at least 17 A*'s at GCSE's to even submit an application to Cambridge, if your UCAS doesn't have 17 A*'s put down, it won't even let you select Cambridge as a choice. I'm really sorry! Perhaps you might want to try doing another few GCSE's during your A-Level to bring up the number of A*'s?
Original post by GlassyMarbles
If I'm being completely honest you might get in with a push. If your A Levels and extra curricular are sparkling then you definitely have a chance.

Cambridge doesn't care if your extra curricular is sparkling or dull or even non-existent. Until you know how
OP is doing in A-levels (and what subjects in A -levels ) nobody knows how much chance he/she will have.

Original post by Zoro555
xxx

A lot of useful info on Cambridge application in this post.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3554013&p=58964173#post58964173
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
Unfortunately not, you need at least 17 A*'s at GCSE's to even submit an application to Cambridge, if your UCAS doesn't have 17 A*'s put down, it won't even let you select Cambridge as a choice. I'm really sorry! Perhaps you might want to try doing another few GCSE's during your A-Level to bring up the number of A*'s?

Dude 17A*'s dosent seem correct ?
Reply 8
Original post by Zoro555
Dude 17A*'s dosent seem correct ?

Not kidding, mate, 17 A*'s it is.

Spoiler

Reply 9
Original post by Zacken
Not kidding, mate, 17 A*'s it is.

Spoiler

LOL okay
Original post by Zoro555
Maths-A*
English Language-A*
English literature -B
Double Science-A*
Double Sceince-A*
History-A
Geography-A
ICT-A*
Business Studies-A*
Thank you .

GCSEs do matter for applications for law at Cambridge, but even more is the indicator they give of the ability to achieve the A*A*A or so, that you should be capable of, to be likely to get an offer. So whilst these are not a make or break in terms of a "GSCE requirement", they are below average for those who go on to achieve the correct A level scores and an offer. I would worry that you got B,A in English Lit and History but your maths and English lang are strong. You will be competing against students who have 7-10A* and you won't have the intermediate measure of AS UMS to demonstrate real progress.
An application after you have stellar A2 grades may well make an offer possible so all you can do for now is work as hard as you can to do the best you can. Do look at other subjects, Law as a career does not need an undergraduate Law degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending