The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

DMU Numeracy & Literacy Tests

I have an offer to sit numeracy and literacy tests at DMU on Thursday. Does anyone know any websites I can look at to practise them please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by KellyMarieNoble
I have an offer to sit numeracy and literacy tests at DMU on Thursday. Does anyone know any websites I can look at to practise them please?

Hey, how was your test? Did you manage to find any websites? I have a numeracy and literacy test on the 16th of February....sooooo nervous :frown: what were the questions like? any tips at all?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by fana21
Hey, how was your test? Did you manage to find any websites? I have a numeracy and literacy test on the 16th of February....sooooo nervous :frown: what were the questions like? any tips at all?

I had mine in jan. They're not difficult. It's a booklet with simple number and word application then near the end they start to get a bit more tricky. But don't worry. Just know your basic maths. Charts etc x
Reply 3
Original post by emmawebb
I had mine in jan. They're not difficult. It's a booklet with simple number and word application then near the end they start to get a bit more tricky. But don't worry. Just know your basic maths. Charts etc x

Hey, my test was yesterday, i accidentally typed 16 instead of 11 😬 and omg the test! I had already printed it off the internet and practised the two booklets and marked them with an answer sheet so i basically just had to do that again at De Montfort. So it was basically really easy! Thanks for your advise x
Reply 4
Original post by fana21
Hey, my test was yesterday, i accidentally typed 16 instead of 11 😬 and omg the test! I had already printed it off the internet and practised the two booklets and marked them with an answer sheet so i basically just had to do that again at De Montfort. So it was basically really easy! Thanks for your advise x

Oh god I didn't even know you could do that haha I wasn't the prepared. Do you think you done well then? I'm on hold with them at the minute for a child nursing place. I done my tests and interview on the same day because I came from Ireland x
Reply 5
Oh god I didn't even know you could do that haha I wasn't the prepared. Do you think you done well then? I'm on hold with them at the minute for a child nursing place. I done my tests and interview on the same day because I came from Ireland x

I believe I've done pretty well on the English booklet because looking back at the answers i think ive just got 1 wrong. And on the Maths one ive had a few (i think 4/5 wrong) 😬 fingers crossed. Hopefully i pass and get called for an interview. How was your interview? What did they ask you? And did you likr the university?
Reply 6
Original post by fana21

Hi omg, what website did you look at? My test is on thrusday and I'm shitting myself
Reply 7
I have an offer for child bursing in sept for DMU :smile:
Reply 8
Congrats what was the maths and English like? What do I need to revise
Original post by fana21
I believe I've done pretty well on the English booklet because looking back at the answers i think ive just got 1 wrong. And on the Maths one ive had a few (i think 4/5 wrong) 😬 fingers crossed. Hopefully i pass and get called for an interview. How was your interview? What did they ask you? And did you likr the university?

Please please can you share the website , sharing is caring😭😭😭
Original post by Danielleat
Please please can you share the website , sharing is caring😭😭😭

Omg have you don't any revisions? If so what have u revised? And if u got a test when ur test?
Original post by Zionlove
Omg have you don't any revisions? If so what have u revised? And if u got a test when ur test?

ive been using other university numeracy questions , have you been revising ?
ive been using other university numeracy questions , have you been revising ?

Yeah that's what I've been doing.. Because I can't find any directly from the uni.. Good luck on your test tho
Its not like any other uni I've been to in regards to testing. It is 2 blooklets one maths, one english. The maths is basic maths. Know your +×÷-/ percentages/ conversions/ graphs etc.
Then the English is knowing your grammar. Know where full stops/ commas etc should be. Both booklets have a variety of things in them but it doesn't go above gcse level.
Its not like any other uni I've been to in regards to testing. It is 2 blooklets one maths, one english. The maths is basic maths. Know your +×÷-/ percentages/ conversions/ graphs etc.
Then the English is knowing your grammar. Know where full stops/ commas etc should be. Both booklets have a variety of things in them but it doesn't go above gcse level.

Do you no what percentage you need to pass the tests x x
Original post by Nicky19813
Do you no what percentage you need to pass the tests x x

I think its 19/25 for mAths n English
Thanks for the reply, i thought the test had about 30 questions, I was fine with the english but ran out of time with the maths so think i may have flopped it x x
Have you had your interview x x
I think its 19/25 for mAths n English
Original post by Nicky19813
Have you had your interview x x

Coming up soon
How about you ?
Coming up soon
How about you ?

If i pass the test only did it yesterday, im so guttered i ran out of time

Quick Reply