The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not long till the annual Arsenal crash I assume?

Posted from TSR Mobile
that was the worst ff first page ever.

out.gif

wish giroud nutted mason back to the dark ages
Reply 42
Original post by Stopmessing
Not long till the annual Arsenal crash I assume?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unsure. They've already survived with injuries to key players, so maybe they'll be alright. There does seem something different about this Arsenal side.
We've lucked out in terms of fixtures tbh, I mean our next 4 fixtures are pretty easy which is encouraging considering our injuries. No one really needs to be rushed back for those games imo.

Not surprised Santi had to be taken off yesterday due to dizziness, probably had something to do with him trying to track Eriksen while the latter ran circles round him...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by leinad2012
We've lucked out in terms of fixtures tbh, I mean our next 4 fuxtures are pretty easy which is encouraging considering our fixtures. No one really needs to be rushed back for those games imo.

Not surprised Santi had to be taken off yesterday due to dizziness, probably had something to do with him trying to track Eriksen while the latter ran circles round him...

I think a lot has to be said about Tottenham's congestion of the middle. It can't have been easy for Arsenal's combatants in the middle of the park.

Cazorla was often tracking one player, and if he won it back, he'd run into another straight away. Dembele, Alli and Dier all occupied the same space and Lamela/Eriksen were offering help to their full-backs.
Subbing.

Going to immediately play devil's advocate and say a point was slightly unfair on Spurs.

Actually no point in saying that. A point was probably a fair result.
Original post by Mackay
I think a lot has to be said about Tottenham's congestion of the middle. It can't have been easy for Arsenal's combatants in the middle of the park.

Cazorla was often tracking one player, and if he won it back, he'd run into another straight away. Dembele, Alli and Dier all occupied the same space and Lamela/Eriksen were offering help to their full-backs.

They were outstanding in the first half and for parts of the second, they looked superior to us in the middle in every way. Covered 7km more than us over the 90, and considering 8 of them (ok 1 was Lloris but 7 outfield players) played on Thursday night that is some show of stamina. They look very strong competition for top 4 for you lot tbh. Second half we were a lot better though imo, Giroud misses 2 sitters and a decent third chance late on. Point was fair imo but either of us could have won comfortably if chances had been taken.

Santi often goes through spells of playing out of his skin followed by some poor performances. We need Jack or Ramsey back so that when it does happen he can be dropped and rested, he's played the most football this season so it's not surprising. Sanchez lacking too tbh.

Would be quite happy to have Campbell out wide to accommodate Ramsey in the middle considering our next few fixtures aren't all that tough. Credit where it's due Debuchy, Campbell and Gibbo, when he came on, all put in solid performances, Kosc and Mert however looked like shadows of the players they were after Christmas last season. But then Gab has played poorly too and Chambers has as well so there isn't anyone to replace them tbh, just a case of riding out the storm really.
Reply 47
Original post by leinad2012
They were outstanding in the first half and for parts of the second, they looked superior to us in the middle in every way. Covered 7km more than us over the 90, and considering 8 of them (ok 1 was Lloris but 7 outfield players) played on Thursday night that is some show of stamina. They look very strong competition for top 4 for you lot tbh.

It was all Dembele's influence, in my opinion.

Of course, Alli is class and seems to be settling in extremely well to Tottenham and Pochetinno's ethic, but Dembele has been exceptional for a month now and yesterday was a classy, understated man of the match performance from him.

Pochetinno has them well drilled, extremely fit, and they seem to be buying into that philosophy of his. Their deep press was really shrewd yesterday, and I think they're an altogether more exciting outfit than we are currently.
Missed Ramsey on the right. Campbell doesn't really offer much there whereas Ramsey comes central and would have helped us overload the midfield. Very good point given the way the game went / our injuries. City dropping points let's us off the hook somewhat.
Original post by AR_95
LP post last thread stats

How you gon' expect me to see this when you don't tag/quote/@ ffs.

Original post by e aí rapaz
When y'all gonna learn that anyone can access this?

leinad2012 661
The Shed End 639
sr90 449
AR_95 419
Zürich 379
Lúcio 377
SA-1 367
angelfox 363
Arkasia 354
shawn_o1 352
Stefano93 325
difeo 311
jam277 305
Rk2k14 284
Lyrical Prodigy 281
sevchenko 251
Tom.x.Gotze 226
ClockEnderAFC 203
swirly 200
atom y humber 193
Depleted 189
e rapaz 161

Firstly, LOL at Leinad being top and it's exactly what he's been trying to avoid since day one of the last thread, he even asked for a ban that lasted ages ffs lmaoo :rofl:
Secondly, LOL at Lucio, Sheddy and SR90.
Thirdly, I have improved :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

Firstly, LOL at Leinad being top and it's exactly what he's been trying to avoid since day one of the last thread, he even asked for a ban that lasted ages ffs lmaoo :rofl:
Secondly, LOL at Lucio, Sheddy and SR90.
Thirdly, I have improved :smile:

Astounded I'm nowhere to be seen on that.
Reply 51
Subscribed
Reply 52
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

So how did you see my post but not Rapaz posting it after ffs
Reply 53
Original post by e aí rapaz
When y'all gonna learn that anyone can access this?

leinad2012 661
The Shed End 639
sr90 449
AR_95 419
Zürich 379
Lúcio 377
SA-1 367
angelfox 363
Arkasia 354
shawn_o1 352
Stefano93 325
difeo 311
jam277 305
Rk2k14 284
Lyrical Prodigy 281
sevchenko 251
Tom.x.Gotze 226
ClockEnderAFC 203
swirly 200
atom y humber 193
Depleted 189
e rapaz 161

How do you find them?
Original post by Mackay
How do you find them?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3714521&page=2&p=60488337#post60488337

I think you were below me actually. I just cut it off after my username cos I'm the last one that matters :cool:

Or something like that?
Original post by Mackay
How do you find them?

Click on football forum, find the thread you want the information for, then on the right hand side where it says replies: , click on that and it will show you the totals on each poster.
Reply 56
Original post by samiz20891
Click on football forum, find the thread you want the information for, then on the right hand side where it says replies: , click on that and it will show you the totals on each poster.

That has legit blown my mind.
Did Wenger miss a trick by not trying to get Viera into the coaching set up at Arsenal?

Former Arsenal and Manchester City midfielder Patrick Vieira has been appointed as head coach of Major League Soccer club New York City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34768961

Seems like Man City might be slowly trying to groom him to be their manager in the future?
Giroud is a good finisher but also a full time bottler. Has a habit of missing big chances at important times in games.
Reply 59
Original post by rockrunride
Subbing.

Going to immediately play devil's advocate and say a point was slightly unfair on Spurs.

Actually no point in saying that. A point was probably a fair result.

You should be more assertive.

[QUOTE="Zerforax;60505091"]Did Wenger miss a trick by not trying to get Viera into the coaching set up at Arsenal?

No, I don't think so. Big clubs will always buy in excellent managers rather than grow them. I don't know of many examples where a manager came through the coaching set-up of a club and was a long- or medium-term success as a manager at the same club. There probably are some examples (Mourinho) but I honestly doubt it happens a lot at top clubs, because most aspiring managers will be average, therefore promoting someone through the ranks without real competitive experience is a crazy idea. Top managers have to prove themselves in real football; youth and reserves are not a proper test. If Viera proves himself to be a good first team manager within the next 10 years, then Arsenal may want to get him, but for the youth and reserves setups (hardly as competitive as the real thing), I don't really see the point (I don't really see the point in Henry either except that I suppose he has to get his badges somewhere - personally I think he should move on after that, unless he wants to be a youth coach rather than a manager).

Former Arsenal and Manchester City midfielder Patrick Vieira has been appointed as head coach of Major League Soccer club New York City.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34768961

Seems like Man City might be slowly trying to groom him to be their manager in the future?

I doubt it, but good for him if it should happen! I think City's setup is very clever, and farming out aspiring managers for competitive experience is a good idea. That's currently only possible at City and Chelsea though and maybe between some of the Redbull clubs.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest