The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
Valencias defence isn't ****. Gaya, Cancelo, Abdennour and Mustafi is actually a more than capable defence.

:lol:
Do wonder if Real Madrid are going to sell James in this window and if we would be in for him. I think that he looks like the type of player that they would sell, given that he was marquee but has not hit the stratospheric heights that his peers have, that being the standard at Real. (Everyone except from Benzema, i.e. Perez's great love can afford to be relatively mediocre to the likes of Bale and Ronaldo).
Original post by James.Carnell
With the new additions to the team, I am coming up with a list of who in the team I think are subs and which are the doms.

The doms:
Cech
Koscielny
Giroud
Gunner Granit
Sanogo (all 6ft4 of dat BBC)
Coq
Iwobi (roadman qualities)

The subs bench:
Mertesacker (he looks like a big pussy and a camp bastard)
Mesut Ozil: complete ****ing pussy. Had a bust up at Real Madrid and his dom mate Benzema had to step in to protect him cos he was being bullied.
Theo
Aaron Ramsey: Looks like a closet queer. Will probably start painting his toenails soon like Ronaldo and jetting off to exotic places with his good dominant looking friend that he is very close with but is "not his boyfriend". On the subject of Ronaldo... honorary mention for him. When your boyfriend is a big North African kickboxer from the ghetto you're a ****ing sub.
Hector: Bottom of the pile.

Wenger: He just watches. All of the time, 24/7. Live, replays, all of the tapes. He just... watches.

forgot wilshire.. Wants to be a dom, but is actually the runt of the pack
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Valencias defence isn't ****. Gaya, Cancelo, Abdennour and Mustafi is actually a more than capable defence.

Same old Jam- loaded analysis

How are you mate?
Tony Adams is 49, can we get him down to the Half Moon, 7 pints deep, and still a better CB than Mustafi.
Original post by Zürich
Tony Adams is 49, can we get him down to the Half Moon, 7 pints deep, and still a better CB than Mustafi.

Mate you were putting down Hector before he had even had a run of games. So you are not an expert on defenders.
Reply 9786
Do wonder if Real Madrid are going to sell James in this window and if we would be in for him. I think that he looks like the type of player that they would sell, given that he was marquee but has not hit the stratospheric heights that his peers have, that being the standard at Real. (Everyone except from Benzema, i.e. Perez's great love can afford to be relatively mediocre to the likes of Bale and Ronaldo).

Perez
Alexis Ozil James
Xhaka Ramsey

Madness
Original post by AR_95
lol at you. You generally whine the most on this thread and come up with the weirdest comments. Defo on par with Shaun.

Dat edit though. Had my man Ar rustled for a full 3 hours that he had yo come back to edit his *****y comeback :biggrin:

Original post by AR_95
I will reserve judgement for now but honestly I'm not that hopeful. UTD are going to walk the league this year like I said. Next year Mourinho will implode and it will be City's.

Utd won't be walking this league. Ffs AR we are 2 games into the season, and so far united have beat a depleted soton side with a new manager and a Bournemouth side that will most likely be in a relegation battle. This time last year people thought City were going to walk the league and see where that eneded up. Mou will win it next season then **** the squad in his 3rd year and get sacked. It's the Mourinho way...
You don't know football.

Mustafi has even more interceptions than Koscielny. He played with absolutely **** tier defenders at Valencia like Barragan. Kos is reknown for his interceptions and the volume of them... because he babysits Mertesacker. He recovered possession from opposing passes 127 times in 33 games. A big number. Mustafi made more, 133 interceptions in 30 games, more in fewer games. He is an intelligent player and can adjust his positioning very well... i.e. Kos won't need to babysit him.

51 tackles, more than Mert and Kos combined. He's only 6ft, but he's won 73% aerial duels.

The numbers which are most telling are the combination of his interception and tackles per game. It is a big 7.1, the most in La Liga and indicative of his ability to recover possession.

Conclusion? He carried an entire defence, much like Kos a lot of the time, the stats don't lie.

You got all this from a basic sqwuaka stats comparison and a "Mustafi- welcome to Arsenal" youtube compilation? Impressed fam
Reply 9789
Original post by Zürich
Same old Jam- loaded analysis

How are you mate?

I'm good man. Just been busy as hell the past few months but have more free time now. Got gym membership too.

Wbu? Still in Munich?
Lol all these experts a nalysing mustafi. Why pretend you watch Valencia? Damn.

AR, he was only joking fellas.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by leinad2012
You got all this from a basic sqwuaka stats comparison and a "Mustafi- welcome to Arsenal" youtube compilation? Impressed fam

Man grew up on the mean streets of Highbury, had to deal with yardman on my turf and lets just say I acquired skills yeah.
Reply 9792
Guys, stream pls???
Yeah boiii
Those sides that go ahead on penalties are less likely to win at full time. Just ask England.
Reply 9796
Original post by shawn_o1
Those sides that go ahead on penalties are less likely to win at full time. Just ask England.

You need to get laid pal
Mez powering it in with the header... its like Christmas.

And how good has Xhaka been?!
if there is one thing you can always count on - its us to bully the lower sides.*

Solid performance going forward so far, good to have ozil back, and sanchez hitting some form.

We still look shaky and exposed at the back though - a better side would have punished us more..

Reply 9799
Xhaka is ****ing class

Showed it vs Leicester too

Very very good buy

Because he can spread play like he does, Ramsey doesn't need to drop back as much so he can concentrate on attack. Ramsey will have a banging season

Latest